MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mods section idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How about adding a new 'required' field on this section which shows (or asks when uploading the plugin/theme/mod) in which versions of MyBB has been verified it works.

In this stage would be helpful to know which ones are MyBB 1.4 ready.
1.4 isn't even released to the public and you already want to know which plugins will work with MyBB 1.4?

My guess would be next to 0.
That would be cool... It's a good idea. It gets my +1. Big Grin
I like this idea, however, but instead of just archiving the 1.2 plugins, give plugin authors the ability to put the plugin they are adding in multiple sections.

For example, if my HP / MP / EXP Plugin works with 1.4 as it is (the compatibility code you outlined in your "Making plugins ready for 1.4" article aside), I should be able to tick off MyBB 1.2 as well as 1.4 then have the same plugin show up in both categories.

It would save me the hassle of adding a whole new plugin for 1.4, as well as save you guys on disk space (even if it's just a small amount).

Get what I'm saying?
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:I like this idea, however, but instead of just archiving the 1.2 plugins, give plugin authors the ability to put the plugin they are adding in multiple sections.

For example, if my HP / MP / EXP Plugin works with 1.4 as it is (the compatibility code you outlined in your "Making plugins ready for 1.4" article aside), I should be able to tick off MyBB 1.2 as well as 1.4 then have the same plugin show up in both categories.

It would save me the hassle of adding a whole new plugin for 1.4, as well as save you guys on disk space (even if it's just a small amount).

Get what I'm saying?

Trust me.

Your plugins won't both work with 1.2 AND 1.4.
Either way, it's still a good idea.

There are very simple plugins which I'm sure people will be able to get to work with both.

Then again, I haven't seen 1.4 in a long time. Toungue
Maybe we should only be showing plugins for the latest releases, instead of just general 1.2 plugins. It certainly would be easier. Then just have an archive of old plugins, like we have right now.
Tikitiki Wrote:Trust me.

It's definitely possible to write MyBB 1.2/1.4 wrappers. I have a number of private plugins which work transparently on 1.2 and 1.4 Toungue

But I do think that there won't be too many plugins which incorporate this, so...
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:Trust me.

It's definitely possible to write MyBB 1.2/1.4 wrappers. I have a number of private plugins which work transparently on 1.2 and 1.4 Toungue

But I do think that there won't be too many plugins which incorporate this, so...

Yeah, I'm aware of that, seeing as I've done my own but 99.9% of mod authors won't bother
Sucks that so many mods supposedly won't be 1.4 compatible. This is kind of a shock to me. I just thought it was mainly mods with admincp parts included that would be the hardest to translate. Zinga and Tiki...you are a part of a small group that gets 1.4 code access. That hardly makes it fair imho. One day 1.4 seemingly will be released and all plugin authors will just have to scramble to update. That might actually cause a lot of burden imho. I was here for the 1.1x to 1.2x series change and it seemed a lot of authors simply didn't bother to update. Would be a shame to lose the 1.2x plugins because authors felt overwhelmed by the 1.4 release and demands to update.

Quote:Yeah, I'm aware of that, seeing as I've done my own but 99.9% of mod authors won't bother

Speaking for myself I am an intermediate php coder and I know both you and Zinga are much better at writing OOP. I don't dedicate all my time to codings so my knowledge is spread around to many areas. I am a bit of a jack of all trades and master of none.

Quote:"Making plugins ready for 1.4" article aside

Where is this article? I haven't seen it around.
Pages: 1 2 3