MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which feature(s) do you like in 1.4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Mamoun Wrote:Oh and the ajaxed quick reply of course!

Even more:
7- merging posts automaticlly.
8- inline pm notification
9- group promotions
10- ....

100% agreed
a lot of inline (ajax) features are amazing

admin layout and bolded new posts too.

I´m sure "Task manager > Update Thread Views" will decrease my CPU usage a lot so this is an breakthrough feature to me Big Grin

Quote:Delayed Thread View Updates
If this setting is enabled, the number of thread views for threads will be updated in the background by the task schedule system. If not enabled, thread view counters are incremented instantly.
ACP and the MCP Toungue
aglioeolio Wrote:I´m sure "Task manager > Update Thread Views" will decrease my CPU usage a lot so this is an breakthrough feature to me Big Grin

If this setting is enabled, the number of thread views for threads will be updated in the background by the task schedule system. If not enabled, thread view counters are incremented instantly.

Not really. You will only ever see a difference if you have on average 400+ online active users and run a large board.

However, MyBB 1.4's index page has 10 queries while MyBB 1.2's index page has 11 or higher, and MyBB 1.4's index page has more features than 1.2's. Pretty neat ehy? Cache, cache, cache.
Pretty much everything!

Though, if I was to point out some specific ones:

Admin CP and the new syntax highlighting of the templates
Mod CP
Task Manager system
Tikitiki Wrote:
aglioeolio Wrote:I´m sure "Task manager > Update Thread Views" will decrease my CPU usage a lot so this is an breakthrough feature to me Big Grin

Not really. You will only ever see a difference if you have on average 400+ online active users and run a large board.

However, MyBB 1.4's index page has 10 queries while MyBB 1.2's index page has 11 or higher, and MyBB 1.4's index page has more features than 1.2's. Pretty neat ehy? Cache, cache, cache.

do you mean 1.4 is less server busy? a lot of turkish users complain about server busy trough mybb
arno Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:

do you mean 1.4 is less server busy? a lot of turkish users complain about server busy trough mybb

turkish users complaining... that's not surprising.

The effect of 1 less query is minimal and if a lot of turkish users complain about the server being busy through MyBB, it's not MyBB. It would be the crappy server plan they're on.

It's only significant because we were able to manage to fit in more features and run less queries on the index page.
Look at it this way:

There're only like 3 or 4 things that I don't like. Wink
Same here. And the things I don't like aren't finished yet Toungue
* Warning System (this is probably my #1 favorite new feature)

* ModCP (Needs some improvement, but a nice addition, nonetheless.

* Multiple PM recipients + BCC feature

The devs truly deserve a pat on the back or two (AT LEAST) for the fantastic job they've done with 1.4. =)
Thank you for your feedback so far, everyone.
tristan/SMM Wrote:* ModCP (Needs some improvement, but a nice addition, nonetheless.
Could you point out a few things you feel needs improving then? Smile

Moved to feedback forum. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4