MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which feature(s) do you like in 1.4?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Tikitiki Wrote:
aglioeolio Wrote:I´m sure "Task manager > Update Thread Views" will decrease my CPU usage a lot so this is an breakthrough feature to me Big Grin

Quote:Delayed Thread View Updates
If this setting is enabled, the number of thread views for threads will be updated in the background by the task schedule system. If not enabled, thread view counters are incremented instantly.

Not really. You will only ever see a difference if you have on average 400+ online active users and run a large board.

However, MyBB 1.4's index page has 10 queries while MyBB 1.2's index page has 11 or higher, and MyBB 1.4's index page has more features than 1.2's. Pretty neat ehy? Cache, cache, cache.

but I´m using Media Temple shared service, not a dedicated server with QuadCore 8gb Ram, etc tikitiki

anyway the lightweight resources required to run mybb 1.2x made my mind and I´ll still using it when 1.4 arrives

Thanks for the great effort of all developers
and Thanks to made it free
aglioeolio Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:
aglioeolio Wrote:I´m sure "Task manager > Update Thread Views" will decrease my CPU usage a lot so this is an breakthrough feature to me Big Grin

Quote:Delayed Thread View Updates
If this setting is enabled, the number of thread views for threads will be updated in the background by the task schedule system. If not enabled, thread view counters are incremented instantly.

Not really. You will only ever see a difference if you have on average 400+ online active users and run a large board.

However, MyBB 1.4's index page has 10 queries while MyBB 1.2's index page has 11 or higher, and MyBB 1.4's index page has more features than 1.2's. Pretty neat ehy? Cache, cache, cache.

but I´m using Media Temple shared service, not a dedicated server with QuadCore 8gb Ram, etc tikitiki

Your point being?
nope

I dont want to say anything but thanks for the great software Chris Boulton and mybb devs
Favourite things:

1. New ACP design
2. The fresher looking User CP
3. Warning System/Mod CP
4. The buddy list.
5. The nicer code and a couple of extra plugin features (for coding plugins).
6. The new inline PM alerts.

The memberlist redesign is also nice, since it is one of my more frequented pages.

To me the user interface is more important than the admin interface, and it is just the little things (icons in the User CP menu, inline PM alerts, Ajax quick reply, new smilies) that make MyBB feel much more friendly, and make it a much nicer forum software to use.

Like everything though, it has things I dislike (OK, no features I dislike, just the outputted HTML is far from my taste) and things I would add (primarily user defined pages to the Quick Access menu).

BP
blueparukia Wrote:OK, no features I dislike, just the outputted HTML is far from my taste

You mean you want divs instead of tables? That would essentially break IE 6 support
Does phpbb3 work in I.E 6? If so, they have managed a div layout pretty well. As long as the layout is kept simple it *should* work in I.E 6.
DrPoodle Wrote:Does phpbb3 work in I.E 6? If so, they have managed a div layout pretty well. As long as the layout is kept simple it *should* work in I.E 6.

Yes, but themer's would have a hell of a time getting their move advanced themes to work.
Quote:You mean you want divs instead of tables?

No. Its just unsemantic as hell. If you use divs, it'll probably be as slow loading as phpBB 3, and for no real point. I will start rewriting it once the themes page is complete, or when 1.4 is actually released.

I'd compile a list of what I am going to, but I have 20 minutes until school, and I am still not changed.
About the Mod CP, a few things could be added. Like, maybe a section where you can lock and stick threads quickly, like in IPB 1.3's.
.Paradox Wrote:About the Mod CP, a few things could be added. Like, maybe a section where you can lock and stick threads quickly, like in IPB 1.3's.

Uh, why? You can do it easily from the inline moderation already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4