MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can anyone reccomend a paid webhost?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I was using Godaddy for my website and to host my Mybb forum but I want to give another host a try when I go paid again.

I have a few things I require however:

Webhost must be reputable and trustworthy. I don't want to be ripped off.

Must allow monthly billing/pay by the month.

Servers must be blazing fast, and a fully functional PHPmyAdmin. (Who likes a slow website?)

A lot of space and bandwidth/transfer for a downloads section of legally redistributable freeware/shareware etc... Possibly 500+ GB

Must not have PHP Safe Mode enabled or PHP Sendmail disabled. I need to be able to upload files/scripts/Mybb mods without nuisance. I need Sendmail enabled for the forums email system.

Pre-made website templates, and other features included.

Must allow adult content (Spam Forums/Threads Rule! Except if made by spambots.)

Must allow a Gaming/Emulation forum (I will not be hosting copyrighted files or warez so I do not see any issues at all. My website is a legal Gaming/Emulation forum.)

Must be in the price range of $5.99 - $14.99, I'm willing to go a bit higher if it's worth it.

I checked out WebhostingTalk beforehand, but I kept getting bombarded with offers I wasn't interested in the last time so I decided to avoid that website and seek advice and recommendations elsewhere.

Thank if anyone can recommend a decent paid web host within my price range that offers what I am looking for. Smile
If you could go up to $24.95 /mo I'd highly suggest creativeVPS http://www.creativevps.com

I've been with them a few months, no problems at all. Fast support, great techs and top of the line servers and data centers.

Spending the extra $10 / month would be well worth it because its a VPS meaning you can control everything about your server, even installing and reboots when needed. For the content you said above creativeVPS allows all of that Smile.
For your price range, it sounds like you're looking for shared hosting. I've seen a number of shared hosts with your features, except:
Xtreme2damax Wrote:A lot of space and bandwidth/transfer for a downloads section of legally redistributable freeware/shareware etc... Possibly 500+ GB
I can almost guarantee no shared host will offer 500GB of webspace, despite what they advertise.
If you're talking about monthly bandwidth, I doubt many would give you 500GB either - typically, you'll exceed your load limits by that time (if you don't, the host will probably lie Toungue).

VPS is very reliable and you actually get what is advertised, however, it does cost more.
I sincerely recommend MediaLayer. Their servers are blazing fast, and they are designed specifically for PHP/MySQL applications. Their prices are also very reasonable considering the quality of service.

http://medialayer.com/
Someone should stick one of these web hosting threads. This is like the 30th one.
rcpalace Wrote:Someone should stick one of these web hosting threads.
Suggestions?
MrDoom Wrote:
rcpalace Wrote:Someone should stick one of these web hosting threads.
Suggestions?

I think you should leave the thread open so the users can interact about the hosts. Otherwise, you're going to get threads talking about the hosts and how good they are and what not.
Regards.
rcpalace the whole point was so people stopped asking this repetitive question here.
Tikitiki Wrote:rcpalace the whole point was so people stopped asking this repetitive question here.

Yes, absolutely. It was just a suggestion.
Best Regards.
rcpalace Wrote:I think you should leave the thread open so the users can interact about the hosts.
If I do that, people will have to search through pages of posts instead of just being able to read a concise list.

Without a gatekeeper, that thread would rot. Since the persons username is listed next to a host, the user wanting a host could just PM them and ask.
Pages: 1 2 3