MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Market Share of MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2,210,000 for "powered by mybb".

30,400,000 for "powered by vbulletin"
27,700,000 for "powered by invision power board"
10,500,000 for "powered by phpbb"
1,850,000 for "powered by smf".
523,000 for "powered by xmb"

Of course these are not accurate statistics. Google probably limits searches for phpBB since that phpBB virus/worm that used Google searches for "powered by phpBB".
DennisTT Wrote:2,210,000 for "powered by mybb".

Of course these are not accurate statistics. Google probably limits searches for phpBB since that phpBB virus/worm that used Google searches for "powered by phpBB".

Really more MyBB than SMF? I thought SMF would have a bigger piece of MyBB. Isn't SMF older than MyBB? It is good though that MyBB is bigger than SMF, at least in this rough estimate.

BMR777

of course that excludes the forums that have paid to remove the copyright on the paid forum software Rolleyes
Sye Wrote:

of course that excludes the forums that have paid to remove the copyright on the paid forum software Rolleyes

Why the eye rolling? You gonna tell me or anyone else that it will make that much of a difference to those figures? But as seing how you brought this up i wonder how many of those IPB boards are from the 1.3 series which WAS Free which a number of free forum hosts still use? For IPB all one has to do is look at those listed as Customers on their company forums to get a idea on what they actually do have now. Wink

In either case i believe that BOTH them and vB are out pricing themselves. Yeah i know it is a business and their people have bills to pay but so do the users of those softwares and thus i believe it will only hurt them and not help especially IPB who has a large number of younger users who depend on Mom and or dad to pay the bill's. Will ofcourse help those like MYBB which are free. Big Grin I think that sometimes not even mybb knows what all it is really doing for the forum world. It IS the best thing to happen sence IPB when they WERE free.
HarryWx Wrote:
Sye Wrote:

Why the eye rolling? You gonna tell me or anyone else that it will make that much of a difference to those figures?

I wouldnt know, do you then?
Sye Wrote:
HarryWx Wrote:
Sye Wrote:

Why the eye rolling? You gonna tell me or anyone else that it will make that much of a difference to those figures?

I wouldnt know, do you then?

I dont think it would make much of a difference. For one it is kinda expensive to get copyright removal. IPB for instance charges 275.00 dollars for copyright removal. Most that i know who do this are usually large corperations for a number of reasons related to business.
The number of SMF don't seemed to be accurate o.O
Searching Google isn't very accurate becuase I searched my scripts powered by and other powered by softwares came up in the results as-well.
rcpalace Wrote:Searching Google isn't very accurate becuase I searched my scripts powered by and other powered by softwares came up in the results as-well.
You're meant to place quotes around the phrases.

But as Google itself says, it's only an rough estimate. I personally think the figures are quite unrealistic, personally.
ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote:
rcpalace Wrote:Searching Google isn't very accurate becuase I searched my scripts powered by and other powered by softwares came up in the results as-well.
You're meant to place quotes around the phrases.

I see. Toungue If you didn't tell me I would have been happier. I have over 200+ users and only two of them showed in the Google results with the powered by lines. Either Google's wrong (I hope) or I'm going to do some serious tracking. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9