MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows Update has screwed my laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I switched on my laptop last night and was working away when a pop up informed me that windows needed to be restarted as an update had been installed.
I finished what i was doing then restarted my laptop. I got the first packard bell start up screen then nothing. I turned it off several times but all i get is the start up screen then a blank screen.

Any ideas of what i should do?

The laptop is a Parkard bell EASYNOTE R4250 - Windows XP SP2

http://support.packardbell.com/uk/item/i...PB17C00101

Thanks
What OS are you using? XP or Vista?
Opps sorry Windows XP SP2
Go in Safe mode and run System restore i had the same issue and that helped me
I tried to get in to safe mode but it wouldn't let i tried all the F keys ect
How to boot into Safe Mode in Windows XP

Restart the computer. Immediately after the screen goes blank for the first time, or after the BIOS post ends, start taping the F8 key repeatedly. The Windows Advanced Options menu appears. If the menu does not appear, restart the computer and try again. If the Keyboard has a F-Lock key, it may be necessary to press it first - QUICKLY before pressing the F8 Key. This will have to be done quickly before tapping the F8 key repeatedly.
Thanks i will try that when i get home.
Wow... I thought I was the only one using a Packard Bell EasyNote. :p I've got a R1938.

Hope you sort it out. Smile

I'd say reboot... and press F8 and choose "Load with last known Good Configuration" etc...
Turned it back on today and hey presto it worked today without doing anything... Very strange.

Oh well going to get a new laptop now Smile
I just got my HP 2133 Mini-Note in yesterday and I love it. Finally ridding myself of my Sony VAIO FZ and it's Vistaness! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6