MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Opera 9.5 Final Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I hate there new theme although there browser is fast.
Hmm i realy like the theme. But some things in the GUI aren't reached as fast as in the old version (close taps to small, new tap change position with more tabs)
I just wish Opera would allow you to have add-on like firefox. I love it all but I hate the widget system compared to add-ons.
-----
Why did microsoft and opera try to get into a battle that they were not invited to? Anyway, just how fast? Because of the Mozilla and Apple fight Safari and Firefox load in an instant. We are talking less than a second.
(2008-06-13, 07:09 PM)HolyPhoenix Wrote: [ -> ]Why did microsoft and opera try to get into a battle that they were not invited to? Anyway, just how fast? Because of the Mozilla and Apple fight Safari and Firefox load in an instant. We are talking less than a second.
I dont know one advantage of Safari in relation to Opera. Can you call me one?
The WebKit system. Renders beautifully. You only asked for one, I rest my case.
Quote:Why did microsoft and opera try to get into a battle that they were not invited to?

1.Opera has a much faster HTML/Javascript execution time than Firefox, also runs better on older machines and operating systems, and more standards compliant than Firefox 2.

2. Microsoft is the battle. When the battle started, Firefox was barely thought of - Opera, Netscape and IE were the main browsers around.

3. Opera was the first big browser to implement tabbed browsing, and I think the 3rd overall. It still remains the only browser with fully draggable and detachable tabs that can be minimized or compared - heaven for multi monitor setups.

As for me, I downloaded 9.5 yesterday and I disliked the new tab layout and the "new tab" button. So I downloaded the Lix theme, removed the new tab button and put it somewhere else, added a find in page search box, and changed the keyboard to shortcuts to be 9.2 compatible - just used to it. The new smooth scrolling also annoyed me greatly, so I had to disable that.

Firefox has its perks, but with the exception of addons, I have yet to see anything I can do in Firefox that I can't do in Opera.
Safari has an excellent rendering engine, but I find the interface a little old skool
I love the new Opera. I am also digging FF 3 as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5