MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Discuss] MyBB 1.4 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
That' s good! But I don' t wont to upgrade my board now. I wait for a security upgrade. Wink
(2008-08-04, 12:03 AM)Faisal Shah Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-03, 09:01 PM)an1mal Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but will not be going to the new one for a while ,looks like to much work

Trust me in half hour you can have your forum up Smile
Surely, that's until you find that your customised templates and plug-ins no longer work...

I upgraded because I haven't yet gone live and I may as well go live with the latest version to give me the longest possible up time between supported versions. However, even with 1.2.14 that I was working with before 1.4, certain features in a template that I had downloaded (which made no mention of being compatible only with specific versions) were causing difficulties that were only overcome by going back to the default MyBB template. Assuming that 1.4 would have even more incompatilities, I can quite see why some users won't rush into upgrading until they are sure all their customisations will continue to work.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-29852.html

BTW, shouldn't that be removed, since it's no longer in Closed/Open Beta?
Wow nice release! Big Grin
(2008-08-04, 12:03 AM)Faisal Shah Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-03, 09:01 PM)an1mal Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry but will not be going to the new one for a while ,looks like to much work

Trust me in half hour you can have your forum up Smile

Simple Steps,
1. Download the backup of database and entire forum files to your computer.
2. Download the MyBB 1.4 GOLD from site and upload all the files <overwrite> existing.
3. Go to www.yoursite.com/forum/install/upgrade.php and follow simple steps..
DONT FORGET to disable your all the installed plugins before converstion
THAT'S IT, YOUR DONE.. ONCE THAT UPGRADE PROCESS IS FINISHED, JUST RENAME INSTALL DIRECTORY TO ANY NAME OR JUST DELETE.......

Is it easy or not? just in three steps? Well For my board I did that on my localhost <XAMPP> and then once done, just imported the database of MyBB 1.4 to server and uploaded a Fresh copy of MyBB and done.....
You can do live also, but just tell me, what is complication in this?

FAISAL~
Uploading all the files takes ages though.
(2008-08-04, 03:50 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Uploading all the files takes ages though.

It will be totally worth it though.
(2008-08-04, 04:08 PM)CCFC Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-08-04, 03:50 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Uploading all the files takes ages though.

It will be totally worth it though.
Yeah I know, from the test forum I used this software looks epic... just wish cPanel could let you upload an entire folder at once.
I believe with cPanel you can upload a .zip, and extract it. But I haven't used cPanel in a long time so I'm not sure if this feature actually exists or just a figment of my imagination.
Only if you use two baked bean cans and string. Wink

My upload must have taken me about 40 seconds.
(2008-08-04, 04:54 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]I believe with cPanel you can upload a .zip, and extract it. But I haven't used cPanel in a long time so I'm not sure if this feature actually exists or just a figment of my imagination.

And pay for cPanel?! Just go to net2ftp.com, enter your FTP info, and upload your .zip file there.

In fact, I should have thought of that, because it took me well over an hour to upload... then I screwed it up. This time, I'll be using the .zip extractor!!!11one
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17