MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Umlauts in mass mailings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Do we need to use the modified task.php file too, or just the two files from Chris?

@Ryan: I tried this on different forums, not that one.
(2008-08-10, 07:33 AM)Sebastian1990 Wrote: [ -> ]No. If I run the task "Mass Mail":

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_IF, expecting T_FUNCTION in /var/www/vhosts/bastisboard.de/httpdocs/inc/mailhandlers/php.php on line 60

Open php.php

Find
		$function_used = 'mail()';
		}

Change into
		$function_used = 'mail()';
My apologies - uploaded the incorrect version of the file.

I've updated my attachment above.
(2008-08-10, 07:48 AM)dtommy79 Wrote: [ -> ]Do we need to use the modified task.php file too, or just the two files from Chris?

@Ryan: I tried this on different forums, not that one.

You should just need the updated mail system files - if not, try the new task files as well.
Ok, it doesn't work for me.

It doesn't send the mails.
If I run the task manually I only get a blank page, then if I go back it says it's being sent (0%) but it remains the same, No changes.
(2008-08-10, 09:37 AM)dtommy79 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, it doesn't work for me.

It doesn't send the mails.
If I run the task manually I only get a blank page, then if I go back it says it's being sent (0%) but it remains the same, No changes.

replace the original massmail.php from mybb 1.4 in /inc/tasks/

@Chris Boulton: Your php.php is broken.
It does not include the fix of lex.

But with this fix it works great Smile
(2008-08-10, 09:51 AM)Sebastian1990 Wrote: [ -> ]replace the original massmail.php from mybb 1.4 in /inc/tasks/

With what?

Could you please attach all the modified files that needed, because I'm kinda lost now.
Download the MyBB 1.4 Wink
Unfortunately the ő and ű characters are still not working. There are ? instead of them.
dtommy79, the fix worked. I myself was testing the fix on your bulletin board. So I'm not sure what you did to screw it up again.
Pages: 1 2 3 4