MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What's your favourite OS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Mine is Linux! Much better than Mac or Windows combined! Just a few code tweaks and you can use all their appsBig Grin
Windows for me. Ubuntu had tons of issues when I tried tinkering with it (one being font rendering).
Hmm, another one of these.

Well, GUI wise, Windows at the moment. Servers, Linux wins hands down.
Linux with AIGLX or XGL wins IMO although I would say that Windows is better for gaming. Smile
Windows for me, mainly because I'm so used to it. Linux is also really good, but I've never had enough time to get the hang of it.
Well i think all of them are good. I use windows almost everyday, my dad has a server at his work that he lets me work on and that runs linux and at school they run Mac. So pretty much they are all similar to me. So i can't decide.
I would love linux if all the windows apps worked how they should through WINE. But wine usually doesn't always work with the latest versions and still some big apps don't work.

For now I like windows as I know what I want works but if more things for linux became more advanced so that they could actually replace big windows apps I would switch.
(2008-08-15, 06:51 PM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]I would love linux if all the windows apps worked how they should through WINE. But wine usually doesn't always work with the latest versions and still some big apps don't work.

For now I like windows as I know what I want works but if more things for linux became more advanced so that they could actually replace big windows apps I would switch.

I've had the same problem with Wine on Linux (Ubuntu), I can't get any Windoze apps to work except Notepad.Huh If it wasn't for that, I'd use Ubuntu exclusively.
Have you got the latest version of wine? Because i have managed to get heaps of programs working including photoshop and even the .net framework!

At the moment i am using exclusivly mint (a slight variation on ubuntu) and i love it, it is the best!

The only program i can't get to work on wine is autocad Sad
(2008-08-15, 12:57 PM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Well, GUI wise, Windows at the moment. Servers, Linux wins hands down.
QFT

Windows for games too, can't forget about that. Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4