MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What Linux to get?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Any advice on what distribution to get that will allow me to do allot of things?

P.S
My space that is left for Linux is 4,70GB will it be enough?
Well what do you want it to do?
My vote is Ubuntu or DSL depending on use. Smile
Well cause there is certain one that works good for servers and another one that works good as a desktop. :/
Well on my pc i use PPPOE to connect to internet so i guess something that has that and will be able to be installed on 4,70GB free space and can be booted when pc is restarted(when properly configured in BIOS)
Get Suse Linux 9.0. Really thats the only one i suggest cause thats the only one i have. BTW i am runing windows i just have linux on a disk drive.
I use mint which is the same as Ubuntu just with a pretty look and a few extra mods. I would definitely go for an Ubuntu based distro.

4.7 is cutting it pretty fine, your install probably won't take that much but by the time you install programs and stuff you are likely to exceed that pretty easily. Don't forget that you still need some for virtual ram/etc. when your running it.
(2008-08-17, 01:29 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I use mint which is the same as Ubuntu just with a pretty look and a few extra mods. I would definitely go for an Ubuntu based distro.

4.7 is cutting it pretty fine, your install probably won't take that much but by the time you install programs and stuff you are likely to exceed that pretty easily. Don't forget that you still need some for virtual ram/etc. when your running it.

Yha what he said.
So will it be sufficient?
And as i mentioned i cannot connect through internet if i dont have a PPPOE or something like that
IDK about that. I dont use linux often.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6