MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB users mix comments on MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello guyz i was searching for some thing and look what i found Smile

http://forums.invisionize.com/index.php?...pic=123312
Shame most of that topic is from 2007...

Out of the free BBs around, I've found myBB to be the best (why else would I be here? lol)...

The only advantage myBB has over IPB 2.3 is it's plugin system - adding modifications to IPB means you have to manually alter the source code files. If there's an update to the core files, you essentially lose your mods and you have to begin again (REALLY annoying)...

As much as it pains me to say, from what I've read and heard about it, IPB 3 will beat anything SMF, phpBB and myBB could put together - I really think vBulletin will struggle when that's released too...

Shy
Theres many reasons why I would never go with a paid software

1) You usually can only use 1 board per license
2) They can bump up the prices whenever they want
3) Most good themes/mods are paid
4) Most in time better support and a more open community as opposed to a locked community

Yes certain things may be better in IPB3 compared to myBB but it won't ever be able to compete with the reasons above.
I agree shadow i used to use IPB and i thought their default theme was cheap.
I never like IPB, but I always have had a place in my heart for vB. I would never use a forum scritp(right now you never know it may change) other than MyBB and vB.
vB looks cool on the demo but i never had the money to actually install it.
If I were to choose between paid forum, I would choose vB compared to IPB
I do find tho with the vB demo and Mybb they have the same features pretty much.
Not really, if MyBB had the same features as vB then I'd sell my vB license. Big Grin

All the features of MyBB are in vB, and most of the core forum features in vB are in MyBB, but the little things that are missing have me spoiled. Big Grin Not to mention the template editing in vB is much nicer. Big Grin
The installer for vB is a little funky.
IMO, the entire thing is very unfriendly.
Pages: 1 2 3