MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: gibberish at top of forum page + Captcha issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
When going to my forum homepage
www.blacktopsinners.com/forums

on my mac using firefox I get the following text gibberish

���Mac OS X ���� ���2���������������������������������������������ATTR;�������������*����������������������*��com.apple.quarantine�0000;48d34589;Firefox;|org.mozilla.firefox���������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������This resource fork intentionally left blank �������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������Mac OS X ���� 2���������������������������������������������ATTR;�������������*����������������������*��com.apple.quarantine�0000;48d34589;Firefox;|org.mozilla.firefox���������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������This resource fork intentionally left blank ���������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������������

With Safari I get the following Gibberish

Mac OS X  2��ATTR;�����*�*com.apple.quarantine0000;48d34589;Firefox;|org.mozilla.firefoxThis resource fork intentionally left blank ��

I dont know why this is there.. it also shows up on PC users browsers.
I am running the latest BB software. I am hosted at Godaddy. It is paid hosting with no ads whatsoever.
I am running php 5.0x

This also shows up in the board settings general config area of the board control panel (see attached image)

I would like to remove this from the page or find a way of making it disappear.
Thanks
Here is a screen cap of the gibberish at the top of the screen on the forum itself.
The text was in black and I have a black background so I had to highlight it..
However that is the first thing that shows up on a white background before the forum loads.
and then it downsizes in font and is black on black so you cant see it.
Problem is that the text makes the forum start lower on the screen.
Well if it helps any, some gibberish is still there when using Windows.

Try editing your htmldoctype template. You can find it in "Ungrouped Templates".
(2008-09-19, 11:08 AM)mix. Wrote: [ -> ]Well if it helps any, some gibberish is still there when using Windows.

Try editing your htmldoctype template. You can find it in "Ungrouped Templates".

Ive opened up the htmldoctype template as you mentioned.. this is what is written there.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

What do I edit it to say? what part of this code is problematic?
Im gonna mess with it now and see what happens.. but Im not sure what Im doing with it.. Its been ages since I have played with HTML code (almost 7 yrs)
I edited it and took out the URL after the //EN" bit but that did nothing.
Still have all the gibberish there
Hmm. Your htmldoctype seems to be perfectly fine when listed in the templates, but when you view the source in your forum page (Ctrl + U in Firefox), you can see the gibberish characters at the top.
Yeah I dont know what to make of it either..
Someone else suggested a removal and fresh install of the board software.
Just wondering what i have to do to make that happen.
Do I have to redo the SQL Tables? or erase that database? and then reup the entire package and then go thru the install process again?
Have you tried just replacing the files by reuploading the clean MyBB package from a fresh download?
OK here are the screencaps of both the browse and the structure of the mybb_btsdatacaptcha table
(2008-09-19, 06:04 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried just replacing the files by reuploading the clean MyBB package from a fresh download?
Which files do I replace? a few people have mentioned this solution
Do I dump all the files in the directory and then start from scratch and reinstall it all including recreating the database tables? or do I just overwrite the files in the directory via FTP?
I just deleted the forum database and the forum folder from my server..
Ive recreated the database using PHP5.0x and downloaded a fresh copy of the forum software from your servers.. I am going to do a fresh install and see what happens
OK I wiped and reinstalled the Entire Forum, with fresh database.
The package seemed to install properly etc. However when I went into the forum to start the config process. the same gibberish started coming up. I havent changed anything specific.. Just renamed the forum, added 1 category and uploaded the logo. I haven't even tried to change themes or alter any pages.
The Captcha images arent showing either..
So ive done everything that I was told to try and the problem persists..
Can anyone sort this out? Its pretty frustrating..

I have attached screen caps of the problems (gibberish and error from captcha)
I have uploaded a fresh copy of all the files from a fresh download.
I am hosted at godaddy.com with paid hosting
I am running php 5.0x
I am running MySQL and the database table seem to be fine
the forum url is blacktopsinners.com/forums
PLEASE HELP!!
Bump!! Undecided
As i posted earlier..
Wiped old forum, downloaded fresh files, uploaded them to server
cleared old database, created new database on server
installed forum package
Same problem.. Captcha files do not appear
Still have gibberish at the top of each forum screen.
What is the problem with this?
Board is hosted at
www.blacktopsinners.com/forums
Hosted with Godaddy (paid account)
PHP 5.0x
MySQL
(2008-09-19, 11:14 PM)PoeTheGhost Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having the same error! At line 194 of /forum/inc/plugins/wnr.php, change the line from this:
WHERE qkey='{$db->escape_string($mybb->input['wnr_hidden'])}'
To this:
WHERE qkey='{$db->escape_string}($mybb->input['wnr_hidden'])'
And let me know if it helps. Smile

Having the same issue..
That file listing "/forum/inc/plugins/wnr.php"
its not there.. What I have in that folder is as follows
akismet.php
hellp.php
index.html
There is no wnr.php file listed

Is the location you listed above the correct one?
PS, I have already uploaded via Binary
I have already reuploaded the files in the captcha folder
I have also deleted the entire board, deleted the database, downloaded a fresh copy from mybb.com and reinstalled it, and same issue..
The CAPTCHA issue is caused by the junk being added at the top (it's messing up the image data) and is not the source of the problem.

Does your hosting have any ads of some sorts?
There's something trying to inject some text before a PHP script finishes displaying something.

Try this:
1) Open Notepad
2) Copy paste the following in:
<?php
echo "\nhello from PHP\n";
?>
3) Save this as test.php (make sure it's not test.php.txt)
4) Upload this to your server
5) Access the page in your browser

If junk still comes up, it's a host issue.
http://www.blacktopsinners.com/forums/test.php
did what you said.. no gibberish..
its got to be with the mybb software.. GoDaddy has many mybb boards hosted there..
Its paid hosting and nothing is being inserted on any of my other pages..
In fact this gibberish also shows up on my admin control panel for the board (see the attached image)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5