MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4x] My Side Boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
"do you want me to take you down to mcdonald's and get you a wamburger and french cries."

lol seriously this is getting too old and very annoying. You have two choices pay labrocca or build you own. Stop crying about it.

on topic:
Come on labrocca you can do better.
Nice plugin but sideboxes can easily be added with html. I would pay for this idea though:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-38471.html
(2008-10-07, 02:00 AM)24sevenChat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to pay $5 for a plugin that's designed for a FREE forum software? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? I can understand registering for your forums, which I'd be more than happy to do, but I'm not going to become a paid subscriber just to get ONE script.

Then don't pay it. What, do you want us to console you about it? I got my subscription by paying Labrocca for custom work, and there's loads of plugins there that are useful, not just one. $5 a year is nothing.

jesus i am sick of seeing people whine about this
Quote:I'm going to pay $5 for a plugin that's designed for a FREE forum software? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Ugh...why did you pay for a domain when you can get one for free? Did you have to pay to connect to the internet so you can access your paid domain using a free forum? Do you have free hosting or paid hosting? Pretty sure hostquack is paid. How about that computer you are using right now? Is that free?

I just don't understand why people assume everything has to be free when so much in life they are paying for. So what Mybb is free. That's a choice Chris made long ago and it's an honorable one.

24sevenChat ..I have a question for you. How much free volunteer work do you do for people?

What's with your ads too on your site!!!! Are you trying to make money off of us? OMG!

Ya'know..I don't mind that people pass on subscribing to my site. Doesn't bother me at all. However to express such outrage is just nonsense. You serve no purpose other than to prove yourself a hypocrit.

24sevenChat - When you delete your post I will delete mine. I don't wish this thread to turn into some Free/Paid argument.

Oh and to correct you on something else:

Quote:I'm going to pay $5 for a plugin that's designed for a FREE forum software?

I charge $5 for access to ALL my plugins. That's one fee for unlimited downloads (for the year) and for all the forums you might own.

So far my subscription has worked great. I have given mybb about $150 (I have personally donated more though). Plus I get far less questions about mybb and my plugins so the people that do need support get it.

Anyways...like I said..delete your post and I will gladly delete mine.

==============================

Quote:Nice plugin but sideboxes can easily be added with html.

Yes and No. My plugin allows you to easily place the sidebox without fumbling with your template and possibly screwing up your forum. It doesn't even make any template changes even so it's pretty much idiot proof. My plugin also allows for you to define which side to place the boxes and which pages to use it on. So while yes you can add sideboxes with a template edit you cannot add the mybb sideboxes (who's online, latest threads, forum stats, etc etc) because these are dynamic content boxes.

Creating this sidebox plugin was actually a great deal of work. Getting it so that you can decide which pages to display was a serious hassle but I wanted that feature. Also making it so it didn't actually change templates was important to me since this allowed me to turn it on/off very easily. Also allows for easier upgrading since it's purely dynamic and on the fly. Don't be fooled by the simplicity of the end result. The execution isn't as easy as it looks and it's almost 600 lines of code and 15kb file.
(2008-10-07, 02:00 AM)24sevenChat Wrote: [ -> ]I'm going to pay $5 for a plugin that's designed for a FREE forum software? Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? I can understand registering for your forums, which I'd be more than happy to do, but I'm not going to become a paid subscriber just to get ONE script.

Then shut up about it, frankly. Huh If you don't want to pay, don't, I don't think anyone really cares that you don't want to. All it shows is how cheap you are. If you put as much work into the plugins as he does, I highly doubt you'll send them out for free. And if you had any respect for them, you'd accept his terms and pay it.
Haha, okay, chill out. I was pissed because I had to pay for it, now I don't care, no big deal.

And I'm positive this used to be free, which sort of bugs me. I had this plugin back when I used 1.2 on an old forum of mine. Are you making people pay for it just because it's 1.4x?
The 1.2 one was by LeX, this one was by labrocca and is better with more features.
(2008-10-11, 08:52 PM)24sevenChat Wrote: [ -> ]And I'm positive this used to be free, which sort of bugs me. I had this plugin back when I used 1.2 on an old forum of mine. Are you making people pay for it just because it's 1.4x?

they're made by two different people and are structurally entirely different
This looks excatly like Tiny Portal for SMF only better!
I think where it says download link is misleading. I think you should simply state, paid registration and the price up front, this way people can decide if they want to register for your forum. Also if they want to then pay for the product.

I think if they only read the first thead and then try to download it's a very big waste of time. I am sure your plugin is wonderful, but just state that it's a paid plugin and that a subscription is required.
It says in his signature:

[Caveat: To download plugins from Mybb Central you must be a paid subscriber]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5