MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Release 1.4x] My Side Boxes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Excellent modification. Much improved.

Thanks so much.
Also when you register at Mybb Central you get a PM explaining the subscription and downloads. I used to type in each post for plugin releases about the subscription but truthfully it was cumbersome so I just added it to my sig. It's a very very small percentage of signups that don't realize a subscription is required. I would say 99% of the time it's non-english speaking members anyways so it doesn't matter what I post.
I assure you I speak perfectly good english. The tiny red writting at the bottom of the post on the first page escaped my notice the first several times I came across the thread. I first decided to forgo the plugin if it meant going to another website. Then several months later I decided to find the post, and register at the other site for the plugin. Then after a fun registration process, tried to download said plugin. Only to realise that I did not have the proper authorization, ie. it's a now a paid plug in, when it was free the last time I down loaded an older version.

I think it's a fine plugin, I am sure it's probably even worth the cost, but not the effort. I think the process left me a bit frustrated and that was the primary point of the feedback. I think the little tiny red writting would be more suitable at the top of the first thread. This way if people want to go to another site and also then pay for the plugin, they will know what they are in for.

Again great plugin, just clearify all the variables.
The old plugin is completely different and was written by somebody else. And you wouldn't have had to try and download and see you didn't have the permission if you read the PM you got on signup explaining it.
Yeah I didn't write the old plugin.

Quote:you didn't have the permission if you read the PM you got on signup explaining it.

When he signed up Matt there wasn't paid subscription hence no signup PM to tell him anything.

Phoenix...I make a lot of posts here and it's a pain in the lime to add disclaimers manually to each one. I will see what I can do about release posts though. I am not here trying to fool anyone into believing something is free. There is no point in pissing people off when they join Mybb Central.

Oh and I just went and edited most of my release threads to add the caveat to the top.
(2008-10-28, 03:39 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I didn't write the old plugin.

Quote:you didn't have the permission if you read the PM you got on signup explaining it.

When he signed up Matt there wasn't paid subscription hence no signup PM to tell him anything.

Ah ok, my bad, apologies.
Not sure if belongs here or not, but any chance I can get a Shoutbox in the Side Box? I had this in Mybb 1.2 and my users loved it. Upgraded to 1.4 and they miss it.
I guess you'll have to see if labrocca knows how to implement it. Which shoutbox did you want to add in??
I'm trying to implement Musicalmidget's Shout Box. I sent a PM off to him.
You may need to add the shoutbox variable as a global to the function in inc/plugins/mysideboxes.php file. Then of course add whatever shoutbox display variable that was in the template into the sidebox template. That should do it imho but of course that's not tested.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5