MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Request] How to do this?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How can i edit the template so that my vertcial postbit looks like this?
Oh wow, I rather like that.
go to postbit_classic template and replace everything with this:
{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<td>{$post['postdate']} {$post['posttime']}</td><td><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$post['icon']}{$post['subject']} {$post['subject_extra']}</strong></td><td>{$post['posturl']}</td>
<tr>
		<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;">
<a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>		<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> {$post['onlinestatus']}<br />
		<span class="smalltext">
			{$post['usertitle']}<br />
			{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />
			{$post['user_details']}
		</span>
	</td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top" colspan="2">
		<table width="100%">
			<tr>
			<br />
			<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">
				{$post['message']}
			</div>
			{$post['attachments']}
			{$post['signature']}
&nbsp;<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">
				<div id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</div>
				{$post['iplogged']}
			</div>
		</td></tr>
<tr>
<td align="left" >{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}</td>
<td align="right">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
</tr>
	</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

then go to showthread_classic_header template and erase everything in it.

Its not perfect you might want to ask Zinga for a better solution.

screenshot:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/3489/captureay2.png
Zinga, please tell me how you did it?
Didn't IncadudeF just tell you?
I got the picture from zingas site, and i want mine to look like zingas. The one incadude gave me is good, but i like zingas more.
well i cant make the whole theme for you... lol
but i gave you the code you just have to edit some of the themes css

i thought you wanted the code. I didnt think you wanted the theme.
Yeah i didnt want the whole theme i just wanted the template he used for the classic postbit.
thats what i gave you. It only looks different because im using the mybb default theme. lol
Actually i tried it out and it doesnt look that much like zingas.

Can i change the height of it. Like the whole postbit_classic in general? I want to make it a bit longer in terms of length.
Pages: 1 2 3