MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Report this post to a moderator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When a members reports a post, they see this on the popup box.

Report this post to a moderator
You should only report posts that are spam, advertising messages, or abuse.

I can not find this anywhere to change it.

Where is this located so i can change/add my own words?

Thanks
CHMOD your inc/languages/english folder to 777 then:
Admin CP --> Configuration --> Languages --> *Choose English and select 'Edit Language Variables' from the drop down* --> report.lang.php

Alternatively, you can just manually edit the file, but be sure not to use Notepad to do so.

The first method is recommended.
thanks rh1n0, it worked.. but... i get this error with it

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/l/i/l/lilgetbuzz/html/community/inc/languages/english/report.lang.php:39) in /home/content/l/i/l/lilgetbuzz/html/community/inc/functions.php on line 78

I changed the folder permissions to 777.. then edited the file on the server.

I could not find the file template report.lang.php in the Admin CP

SorrySad
Upload the original report.lang.php file (redownload from the MyBB website if necessary) and follow these steps.
The problem is that you've edited the file with Notepad, which I told you not to do.

Sorry, I missed a step in the instructions (updated my above post too):
Admin CP --> Configuration --> Languages --> *Choose English and select 'Edit Language Variables' from the drop down* --> report.lang.php
I did not use notepad, i use ConTEXT for all my editing.
I do not see a Admin CP --> Configuration --> anywhere.. where is this in the acp?

i am using MyBB 1.2.9

Are you referring to the Templates manager?
Ah, adding what version you're using could be helpful. Those instructions are for 1.4.

Anyway, you will have to edit the file directly. Do not use ConTEXT or Notepad, you may use Wordpad.
Got it.. works perfect.. i will remember that.

Sorry about not telling you my version rh1n0

One last question, should i leave the folder permissions set to 777?

Or change it back?

Thanks again
You can change it back.

It only helps if you are using 1.4 Smile

By the way, you should consider upgrading your 1.2 version at least, to be protected against known security vulnerabilities.
We would love to, but many of the plugins we use do not work once we upgrade.
We have tried the update, but our plugins and many other changes we made must be all working.

Thanks rh1n0
(2008-11-03, 10:16 AM)littleg Wrote: [ -> ]We would love to, but many of the plugins we use do not work once we upgrade.
We have tried the update, but our plugins and many other changes we made must be all working.

Thanks rh1n0

He meant at least update to 1.2.14 Smile Plugins won't be affected by that.
Besides, most of the 1.2.x plugins have been updated for 1.4.x now, what ones in particular do you want to save??
Pages: 1 2 3