MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBBPro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Why not? It's really fun and allows me to interact with the users!
(2008-11-17, 10:04 PM)Dude106 Wrote: [ -> ]Why not? It's really fun and allows me to interact with the users!

Because you don't seem very capable of doing it, and it will cause your users a lot of grief if you can't handle it. You should at least finish the site before launching your service!

Plus, I wouldn't trust hosting from someone without a TLD.
So, you can afford a server but not a domain name?
Actually, I'm on a paid hosting on someone else's server.

Who says you cant trust me?

And as of today, (well, about a minute from now), we're completely done the site.

Really though, about the TLD. Excluding the myBB hosts with TLDS that offer subdomains, you usually get something like this:

n1.[forumhost].com/dir/you

At least I give you:

mybbpro.co.cc/s1/you!
Quote:Actually, I'm on a paid hosting on someone else's server.

Who says you cant trust me?

The fact it's not your own server should put anyone off your trust because just like you, they're having to rely on a "third party".

IMHO Dude106, this is the third forum set up that you've posted here, this one after already closing down a similar one (which could also go against the "trust" part), not one of them has had much content within them, the theme has been the default theme each time, meaning no "extra" effort being put into anything. I just get the impression that you think up an idea of a forum/webspace, throw it all together, then think it's gonna be a success from what others contribute! Unfortunately it doesn't work that way!

Edited to say I forgot to add...

Quote:Staff Chat
With the correct access, you may chat with staff over here. Any members found here that are not supposed to will face a permanent ban.

Does that mean they face a permanent ban from all the forums? If I was you, I'd seriously look into the Group "permissions" feature that MyBB has available!!

Also...

Quote:Support
As an alternative to our support tickets, we provide answers to your problems with your forum here.
0 0
Never
Forum Contains No New Posts Support
As an alternative to our support tickets, we provide answers to your problems with your forum here.

Something's not quite right above. Smile
I'm not saying it works that way!
Lufbra's post is dead-on as usual.
Okay lufbra, I may have sounded a bit rude in that last post. I apologize for that. I will see what I can do in terms of HTML and CSS edits to the support forums.

I don't know whether you have ever run a forum host yourself before, but trust me, it isn't easy. Half the things you have to do to keep it running makes buying a TLD look like a 1 year old can do it. You have to prepare available themes, modifications and much, more. (Thank god for BMR777) On top of that, you have to actually HTML code your homepage and make the services useful. Then you have to promote your services. The list goes on and on.

So, I will take your suggestions into consideration.
Aswell, I will look into those errors. Wink
Right. About the group permissions, MyBBMF has a nice little bug in it which doesn't make them work the way they should sometimes.

I set a forum password for the staff forums, but what I'm saying is that if someone tries to crack it, I'll send them packing.
(2008-11-18, 04:07 AM)Dude106 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know whether you have ever run a forum host yourself before, but trust me, it isn't easy. Half the things you have to do to keep it running makes buying a TLD look like a 1 year old can do it. You have to prepare available themes, modifications and much, more. (Thank god for BMR777) On top of that, you have to actually HTML code your homepage and make the services useful. Then you have to promote your services. The list goes on and on.

If it is too hard for you, don't do it ...?
Quote:I don't know whether you have ever run a forum host yourself before, but trust me, it isn't easy. Half the things you have to do to keep it running makes buying a TLD look like a 1 year old can do it. You have to prepare available themes, modifications and much, more. (Thank god for BMR777) On top of that, you have to actually HTML code your homepage and make the services useful. Then you have to promote your services. The list goes on and on.

I have never run a forum host, never wanted to either. And again IMHO, from what you're saying above I'm not sure that I could rely on your services....I mean (going by what you're saying above), if it's so hard to do, why are you even doing it?

Couldn't you find a subject that you do like, something that you could dedicate into creating a web page and forum, something like a hobby you have, or something that you enjoy doing?
(2008-11-18, 04:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]If it is too hard for you, don't do it ...?

LOL!!

Bey Brad beat me to it, I ain't the fastest typer around. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4