MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attatchments not attatching!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hellooooo everyone Smile

OK firstly, I'm not very techy and am new to being a forum admin! Blush

We are having intermitent problems attaching files. I have checked and the sizes for the files are big enough so I'm not sure where the problem lies. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thank you Smile
There's a lot that could be wrong:
  1. Is ./uploads/ and ./uplaods/avatars/ CHMOD to 777??
  2. Is ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Uploads Path > set to ./uploads/ ??
  3. Is the file type you're trying to attach in ACP > Configuration > Attachment Types??
  4. Is ACP > Users & Groups > Groups > **choose group** > Forums and Posts > Attachment Options > Can post attachments? ticked??
  5. Is ACP > Forums & Posts > **choose forum** > Options > Permissions > **choose usergroup** > Set Permissions / Edit Permissions ticked > Posting / Rating > Can post attachments? ticked??
I'll go check them out...... I may be some time LOL.
Thanks Matt ::hugs::
Smile Also, if everything there is correct, could you give us details of a test user account so we can try it?? And what version of MyBB are you using??

(Also added a bit to question 5 as I kinda stopped half way Toungue)
2. yes
3. yes it's there
4. yes and no limit set.
5. yep that's ok too.

Don't know where to find number 1 Blush
Ok, if you go into your file manager, find the folder called 'uploads' and inside it, one called 'avatars'. There should be a settings called 'CHMOD' or 'permissions', they both need to be '777', 'rwxrwxrwx', or something like that.
I'm not the forum owner so I might not have permission to see that? I still can't find it.

We are able to attach lots of things, just some wont. It's as if the files are to big, but the settings are way above the file sizes that we are trying to upload.
I'll try again tomorrow. I've run out of steam for tonight! Thanks for your help Matt Smile
Can you give examples of specifically what does and what doesn't??
some image files weren't attaching, but I suspect that was a size issue. I'll check on that.

The main problem is with pdf files. The allowable size is 5.86MB. A file size I am trying to upload is 3.93MB. Previous files uploaded fine. My attachment limit is unlimited Confused
Make a .php file and put inside:
<?php
phpinfo();
?>
Upload it to your forum's folder and post the link here please.
Pages: 1 2 3