MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vBulletin-like Profiles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
*BUMP*

Anyone fancy giving this a go?
Nope! Its a simple template edit. Toungue
(2009-01-11, 04:10 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]Nope! Its a simple template edit. Toungue

Stop saying this if you have absolutely no examples or advice to offer, seriously.

Clair: It's a simple template edit! *provides no details, is incapable of performing said simple template edit*
(2009-01-11, 04:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-11, 04:10 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]Nope! Its a simple template edit. Toungue

Stop saying this if you have absolutely no examples or advice to offer, seriously.

Clair: It's a simple template edit! *provides no details, is incapable of performing said simple template edit*

I'll say it as many times as I want. :p
I say it because it is true, all he needs is basic HTML/CSS knowledge and he could make his own simplistic design.

He will need experience with MyBB, and if he chooses not to do this on his own, why should anyone help?

Isn't the point of getting help on something you don't know, but are learning?

Bey Brad:Gets upset and feels the need to post something to defend the other poster who really isn't being attacked.
Toungue And if your so worried about it, why dont you do it for him? Rolleyes
(2009-01-11, 05:30 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]He will need experience with MyBB, and if he chooses not to do this on his own, why should anyone help?

if you ever ask for help on this board again i'm going to call you a giant hypocrite

he's not being rude, he's just asking for help and you're just teasing by saying, "it's just simple template edits! it's easy! but i'm not going to help you haha!" but doing nothing to help at all.

he's asking for help. if you can't help, simply don't respond instead of being a brat.

as for me, brushfire, i'd love to help you with it -- and have it for myself -- but i don't have the knowledge to do it. loads of people want a more featured profile and i'm sure someone will meet that need eventually. if anyone would be willing to put money into a fund to pay someone to develop a more featured profile, i'd be willing to go in on that.
(2009-01-11, 05:38 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-11, 05:30 AM)Clair Wrote: [ -> ]He will need experience with MyBB, and if he chooses not to do this on his own, why should anyone help?

if you ever ask for help on this board again i'm going to call you a giant hypocrite

he's not being rude, he's just asking for help and you're just teasing by saying, "it's just simple template edits! it's easy! but i'm not going to help you haha!" but doing nothing to help at all.

he's asking for help. if you can't help, simply don't respond instead of being a brat.
I'm being the brat? Looks who's already losing his attitude. Toungue
And uh, jeez...Ever taken a look at where this is posted?
Quote:MyBB Community Forums / MyBB Resources / Plugins & Code Modifications / Requests / vBulletin-like Profiles
Looks like what the nav bar says to me.
And its not like I took it as rudeness, so IDK where your getting that from.
And yes, it is easy. Toungue
Also, im not the one typing in peoplles names with quotes. OR changing what they say, unlike you.

If you can't deal with the simple fact that what he is asking for is easy to make, then I suggest you learn too. Smile
(2009-01-11, 04:24 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

ya ur correct....... this is a support forum... so if u can't provide support atleast don't tease others....... If someone has any idea of doing a certain thing they won't come and ask for help here......and for the profile request nick is working one and he'completed it but he's facing some problem with IE Browser... and also with the plugin installation which'll affect the profile page if modified... so if someone can help him out i'll be useful.....
I can only tell you what I know on these.
Lets say you want something extremely basic now
<html>
<head>
<title>{lang->$title}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" width="widthpx">
<tr>
<td class="thead">
Profile of {$username}
</td>
<td><b>Contact info</b>: <ul>
                                    <li>CONTACT LINK HERE</li>
                                     </ul>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>{$footerinclude}</td>
</tr>
</table>
As I said, it would require knowledge in (x)HTML and CSS, if you wanted extra attributes of your own. Toungue

Now as for making it VB-styled, that could use a lot more HTML, and some JS.
There are these languages thingies you need to use, can't type em out on top of my head.

As for plugins, I don't know how they work but I think certain ones write their code to how the original templates are done within the php code itself (should that make any sense).
That code you posted is an absolute joke and proves you have no clue. Thanks for proving that to everyone here, at least.

Yes, you are correct, this the Request forum. He is requesting this plugin/mod/whathaveyou. You are telling him "make it yourself". If he could, or had any desire to learn how to, he would have. He is allowed to request someone to make it for him. You are not adding anything to the discussion by saying, "it's easy!" This does not help anyone looking for this plugin. You say it's easy yet you can't provide any practical examples -- the example you posted above is absolute crap and actually has no bearing on this at all. You're full of it.

If it's so easy, point us in the correct direction, all-knowing Clair! And that doesn't mean posting grade school-level HTML, although evidently that needs to be clarified for you.

Do everyone a favour and stay out of this topic if you're:

A) Not interested in this plugin.
B) Not interested in developing this plugin.
C) Not interested in providing actual assistance to people wanting this plugin.

No, if all you have to say is "it's easy!" get out. You're not helping anyone.

Quote:There are these languages thingies you need to use, can't type em out on top of my head.

But it's so easy, Clair! It's ridiculously easy! You'd have to be a complete idiot to not know how to use these "language thingies"! Rolleyes
I'm going to thank everyone who took part in that argument, so thanks. Especially Brad.

Clair, if I KNEW HTML and CSS, then I'd make this myself and share it with everyone else. I know some HTML, and some JS. CSS will be too difficult for me to learn at the moment. However, I don't, so I'm requesting here as that is the point in this forum. Saying "learn CSS, HTML and JS as well as knowing how to work MyBB!" doesn't help at all.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7