MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pre-Parse Post/Signatures & Sphinx Search plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I uploaded the pre-parse signature plugin to my plugin directory, but for some reason it isn't showing up in the list of plugins. Any idea why this might be happening?
I will test Pre-Parse Signature Plugin now

thanks for your effort in optimizing mybb, Ryan Gordon Smile
(2009-02-27, 01:16 PM)YCMaker Wrote: [ -> ]I uploaded the pre-parse signature plugin to my plugin directory, but for some reason it isn't showing up in the list of plugins. Any idea why this might be happening?

me too Huh

preparsesig.php is in "inc\plugins" folder and it's not listed in AdmCpanel plugins...

are there any requirements to install it?

I´m using the latest version, mybb 1.44

these are the installed plugins
Quote:Litesoft Gender in postibt (2.0)
Modnotice (1.2.3)
Multi Videos (1.0)
MyCodes Pack (1.0)
Permission Box (1.0.1)
Portal Short Writing (1.4)
SEO Links! (1.1 Beta 1)
Trash Can Forum (1.4)
Username Style (1.0.4)
I think that, unless Ryan updated the plugins, the plugin might have the compatiblity line for 1.4.3, not 1.4.4 - but I could be wrong. I'll check now.
Thanks Tom, i´ll wait for Ryan then
(2009-01-12, 06:18 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-12, 06:03 AM)Rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]the best solution would be developing your own solution if and when possible.

That is absolutely not true. Why should I reinvent a perfectly good wheel?

Sometimes it's necessary if you need your own solutions to make sure it reaches your standards of security. Similarly, here on the community forums, why not use MyBB plugins created by the users instead of reinventing the wheel? I am going to try sphinx on my local machine though, just to see how it works. Smile
(2009-02-27, 01:16 PM)YCMaker Wrote: [ -> ]I uploaded the pre-parse signature plugin to my plugin directory, but for some reason it isn't showing up in the list of plugins. Any idea why this might be happening?

(2009-02-27, 03:10 PM)aglioeolio Wrote: [ -> ]me too Huh

preparsesig.php is in "inc\plugins" folder and it's not listed in AdmCpanel plugins...

are there any requirements to install it?

I won´t PM tikitiki
I won´t PM tikitiki
I won´t PM tikitiki

but I would like to know if this plugin is a dead project or not, please
I´m using a shared hosting and this plugin would be a bless

thanks
Since you're on a shared host, you need to make sure they have sphinx installed if you're looking at the sphinx plugin. If you're not sure, contact them and ask.
(2009-03-01, 05:15 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]Since you're on a shared host, you need to make sure they have sphinx installed if you're looking at the sphinx plugin. If you're not sure, contact them and ask.

that´s not what I´ve asked, the problem it´s only related with pre-parse signatures
the same error YCMaker has posted

but thanks anyway

I don´t blame tikitiki about the lack of support here, he´s leading developer in mybb and this is not an easy task

but Would be nice to have a plugin like this released by another developer to benefit more people with shared hosts
He didn't name the file right. Just rename it to preparsersig.php then try to activate it.
(2009-03-01, 11:15 PM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]He didn't name the file right. Just rename it to preparsersig.php then try to activate it.

[Image: Untitled-1_4.gif]

it works now.

thanks Rcpalace Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10