MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UInfo MyCode -- v2 Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hmm, any other things that aren't so easily found? :o
(2009-09-30, 06:25 PM)bositman Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I see.. well it's not so useful atm since you can see all that info from the postbit already (it just contains all info found in the postbit of a member).
Maybe you could add some stats like where the member is the most active (by counting most posts in which forum), what his usergroup is or other info that is not so easily found Wink

Well, I got the usergroup, and used that to display the username with the usergroups namestyle :o
Anyone else got features they'd like to see? Smile
PLEASE suggest features.
Yeah Lee, I have a few pointers if you don't mind.

Program the plugin to accept a variable into the [user] tag. For example, [user="username"]14621[/user], and it would spit out the username. We've been playing around with a twitter-style @Tomm M in a post, which auto-converts the name into a format_name link to their profile. Your mycode-style tag would be a much easier solution, and a great addition to MyBB.

Instead of using date(), could you not use MyBB's my_date? That way, it keeps it within the normal MyBB times and timezones, etc.?

If there are 100 posts to a page, that query will loop 100 times. Is it not easier, therefore, to run a query to grab all the UIDs on a page, add them to an array - then use an IN query to grab the profile info? That way, two small queries would be faster than one big one.

If it's clever, you should be able to systematically replace all [user] tags with the right information with an str_replace (array)...

P.S. If you do want to do this, do you mind if I add it to my new Resources site?... Shy
(2009-10-07, 09:37 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Lee, I have a few pointers if you don't mind.

Program the plugin to accept a variable into the [user] tag. For example, [user="username"]14621[/user], and it would spit out the username. We've been playing around with a twitter-style @Tomm M in a post, which auto-converts the name into a format_name link to their profile. Your mycode-style tag would be a much easier solution, and a great addition to MyBB.

Instead of using date(), could you not use MyBB's my_date? That way, it keeps it within the normal MyBB times and timezones, etc.?

If there are 100 posts to a page, that query will loop 100 times. Is it not easier, therefore, to run a query to grab all the UIDs on a page, add them to an array - then use an IN query to grab the profile info? That way, two small queries would be faster than one big one.

If it's clever, you should be able to systematically replace all [user] tags with the right information with an str_replace (array)...

P.S. If you do want to do this, do you mind if I add it to my new Resources site?... Shy

Epic late. I didn't know about my_date, I'll chalk that up. As for your query suggestion .. You lost me. Toungue Anywho, it's late. Maybe I'll read it in the morning and it'll make sense. :|
Forgot about this, working on it now. Thanks Tomm.
@Lee
could you please provide us with screencapture of what your plugin do..
image of what shown in the thread/post after using MyCode.

I will suggest you to use free hosting provide by rv89.eu
they have very stable and reliable hosting. i use it for indiestyle.us and it's been 3 months now.
I have hosting now, but thanks.
Why was this moved? Sure it's used as a MyCode, but it has to be installed as a plugin..
Well because it is a mycode :p
Pages: 1 2 3 4