MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UInfo MyCode -- v2 Released!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think I'm going to start developing this again .. Any suggestions?
(2009-10-07, 09:37 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah Lee, I have a few pointers if you don't mind.

Program the plugin to accept a variable into the [user] tag. For example, [user="username"]14621[/user], and it would spit out the username. We've been playing around with a twitter-style @Tomm M in a post, which auto-converts the name into a format_name link to their profile. Your mycode-style tag would be a much easier solution, and a great addition to MyBB.

Instead of using date(), could you not use MyBB's my_date? That way, it keeps it within the normal MyBB times and timezones, etc.?

If there are 100 posts to a page, that query will loop 100 times. Is it not easier, therefore, to run a query to grab all the UIDs on a page, add them to an array - then use an IN query to grab the profile info? That way, two small queries would be faster than one big one.

If it's clever, you should be able to systematically replace all [user] tags with the right information with an str_replace (array)...

P.S. If you do want to do this, do you mind if I add it to my new Resources site?... Shy

Is there documentation for my_date somewhere?
Found it, and used it.
v2 is released. You can search by username. Working on displaying username only if you apply it right ... I need to reword that.
Version 2.5 released, now has Tomm's idea of a twitter-style username output with [user style=twitter]!
This is popular ...
I just tested this out today and it's very neat! I was looking for something like this Smile

One request:
I am not sure if it is possible or not, but to make it easier than adding the [user] tag around a given username, could you add the ability to just type "@username". The output could either be "@username" or just "username" (both linked of course)
(2010-02-01, 10:34 PM)miimario Wrote: [ -> ]I just tested this out today and it's very neat! I was looking for something like this Smile

One request:
I am not sure if it is possible or not, but to make it easier than adding the [user] tag around a given username, could you add the ability to just type "@username". The output could either be "@username" or just "username" (both linked of course)

I think I'll create it as an actual plugin soon. Gotta sleep soon, might work on it tomorrow.
Cool! That would be an awesome plugin.
Hi Lee Merriman.
Great job.This pluging is more heplful I can see user info.
And the version is much more competible than previous, intstallation process is very easy.
Once again great job.
Turns out bad SSL certificates and LDAP with Start_tls logins = no login to VPS. Ah well, fixed now. How should I do it to prevent people from just being like @!@!@!@!@ and it trying to work though? Maybe [@UserName]?
What do you mean exactly? You mean to prevent users from just typing @miimario @miimario @miimario over and over? Could it possibly only tag the user IF the user exists else do nothing...
I am not sure if it would be possible as it would need to search the username field in the DB before the post is submitted. That would be an awful amount of work though.
Did anyone download this and keep it? I need to see something I did in there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4