MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nothing Done In Admin Panel Takes Effect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just setup a new installation of MyBB for a friend and everything looks normal. I had no problem logging in as admin and accessing everything. But when I go into any of the configuration settings and make a change nothing happens.

Examples

I unchecked "show language settings" and clicked "save settings" - instead of going back to main configuration menu it flipped over to Show All Settings. I checked the forum and the language choice is still there. In fact no matter what I try to change in Configuration the same thing happens - it flips over to "Show All Settings" and no changes I make take affect.

I attempted to create a new forum and when I click 'save forum' the fields empty and nothing happens. No error message and no forum created. The same thing happens when I try to create a new category. I tried to edit the default forum "My Category" amd "My Forum" and got error "Invalid Forum ID selected"
Do you get any errors/messages when you go to Admin CP > Tools & Maintenance?
Nope, everything looks fine there "All of the required files and directories have the proper CHMOD settings."
Link to the forums and a demo(admin) account would be appreciated. If you don't feel like posting them here, PM me.
This is weird.. All of the files are chmodded properly, and no errors, like you said, when you add a form - it just empties itself and refreshes. Someone else might need to take a look.
Thanks for checking it out Tom I do appreciate you taking the time to do that. I read and searched through this forum and didnt find anything that quite described this problem/situation.
No problem, mateSmile This is definitely something I've never seen before, especially since it gives no error, no warning, message, etc. - and all appears fine.
The only thing I did differently was to change the table prefix from mybb_ during the install. Also this install was done in a sub folder instead of the root. But I dont think this is happening because of either of those is it? Im not getting an SQL error or any ther error I know of except for when I try to edit the existing default forum and category. I also checked the error logs in cPanel - nothing
Did you change the prefix before, or after, the tables were added? Or in the one setting before installing?
I changed the prefix during the install (on the screen where you enter database details)
Pages: 1 2 3