MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blog Feature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Please excuse this question if it already exists, but is MyBB considering implementing a Blogging feature as an add-on to their forum software? Blogging is a nice little 'perk' for many forum users. Just curious. Blush
Would be a decent idea, vBulletin have this and I would use it. In the next MyBB update I think the profile needs a totally new update.
Nickman over at MyBB Source created a member Blogs plugin for MyBB. Quite a lot of people are already using it.
(2009-04-21, 02:58 PM)Gordie Wrote: [ -> ]Nickman over at MyBB Source created a member Blogs plugin for MyBB. Quite a lot of people are already using it.

i think he means a blog like wordpress blog right?
I think he just means like they have on (either IPB or vBulletin..) vB. I honestly, don't see the point in them though..
TBH, blogs and threads are virtually the same thing.
(2009-04-21, 08:40 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]TBH, blogs and threads are virtually the same thing.

My particular forum is for people who work on scale miniatures and the blogs feature is really handy in that it lets members have a place to log their work, with photos, on projects they're working on without all the thread replies getting in the way. It's nice to have the blog so that you can watch a persons project develop without a bunch of topic replies.
I guess in that case it's handy. If it were me I would just find an alternative (using , rather than trying to integrate wordpress or something. But that's just me, I think.
At this point in time a blogging feature is not on our roadmap. We feel that there are enough applications out there such as Wordpress which can do a much better job as a blog system than if we were to implement one into MyBB, which is primarily a discussion board software.
I have a weather forum, I added mybbsource's blog addon to it so people can use them to blog about local weather conditions and stuff like that...i think its a good feature Smile
Pages: 1 2 3