MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Everyone in 'Unknown Location'?? PLEASE READ
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
install php-mbstring -- do I need to restart apache2 ??
We have no plugins, we simply upgraded www.indiasearch.org and it quit working !!!

I just saw another bug, when using (bold) tags a URL quits working too!
Does it say anything about plugins...?? The solution is in this thread.

As for the URLs thing, make a thread, it's nothing to do with this.
OK, I sent this fix to my developer.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-486...#pid342276

Thanks
Is there a similar work around available for the current release? 1.4.10
Same workaround as above...??
Sorry for that Matt.
I was looking in the wrong file. All is well.
I used Ryan's workaround and it works fine, but I'd like to solve this problem permanently. Smile

Does anyone know how to update MultiBye? I tired "yum install php-mbstring" that was suggested in page 2, but it returns:
Quote:root@bigred [~]# yum install php-mbstring
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
* addons: mirrors.unbornmedia.com
* base: mirrors.netdna.com
* extras: yum.singlehop.com
* updates: mirror.anl.gov
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Setting up Install Process
No package php-mbstring available.
Nothing to do
root@bigred [~]#
Thank you for the fix. It worked for me. I moved my forum ( mybb 1.4.10 ) to a new host when it happened. I read all the information here on the fourm and compared the plugins I have in common with some of the complaining users and since they were not a problem before, I just used the replacement code on page one of this post by Ryan and now everything is how it should be. Thank you. Smile
(2009-04-21, 08:24 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]OK, within the past 48 hours 4 people have said they have all their users showing in an 'Unknown Location'. I'm making this into a sticky to pool together what information people have given and give things people to try, because if past experience is anything to go by, more and more people will have this issue.

Click here for the solution

This thread is the biggest on the issue: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-48520.html

Michael83 has posted a possible fix, can you read this quote, and see if it works for you:

(2009-04-20, 12:54 AM)Michael83 Wrote: [ -> ]What PHP version are you running? Another user on the german forums had the same issue on PHP4. Try this temporary fix. Open inc/functions_online.php and find:
switch($filename)
Above add:
$filename = str_replace("/", "", $split_loc[0]);

Below are lists of plugins that people who have reported this have installed:

Custom Pages
Emergency Message System
Games Section
Multiple Reputations
Spoiler MyCode

AdminCp Popup
Admins can log into Users' accounts
Advanced Quick Reply Form
Bump Thread 
Default Message
Delete Member Posts
Easy Refer
Edit Reason
Forum Icons
FLV Tag
Forum stats in profile
Guest Access
HTML Permissions
Last Threads, Posts and Popular Threads on UserCP Home
Miss You Email
Multi Video Mycode For MyBB
Multiple reputations
My Ad Manager
My Meta Tags
My Question
MyCodes Pack
MyIPN
MyBB Bittorrent Mod
Online 24
Private Messages Admin
Post-URL Mod
Reported Posts Message
Referral in Profile
Stop Forum Spam
Thread Description
Thread Viewer
Top Stat
Trash Can Forum
Welcome Message
YouTube BBCode

myps, tubegallery, changstats, myshoutbox, onlinetoday, hook_finder, ajaxpmnotice, addbot, pageoptimizer, imdbtag, social, mydock, google_seo, ganalytics

Akismet (1.2.1)
Bump Thread (1.01)
Hello World! (1.0)
Youtube BBCode (1.0)

It doesn't seem that there's a plugin that's in all of these lists, so I'm not sure if this is caused by a plugin or not.

If you have just upgraded to 1.4.5 and are experiencing this, please make sure you have all the 1.4.5 files and that you upgraded properly. Also try to download a fresh copy of ./online.php and ./inc/functions_online.php from the full 1.4.5 package and from the changed files package and see if either of these fixes it.

Also, it would be good to try and keep further reports of this to this thread because, as I said before, I can see lots of other people reporting this over time.

I do not see this in your list but I do know that the mymood plugin is showing unknown location when changing the mood.

I hope this helps out some.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7