MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Central Co-Gaming Network has returned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2009-06-18, 11:38 PM)NoLuckyWins Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, come on and grow up. Really. Prowler, I didn't get why you're acting like that. If maturity is what it takes to run a website, apparently you shouldn't run one because you're not mature enough to realize a simple fact. Just because you have the money to have a paid domain, doesn't mean he does. And shoving that fact into his face is awful. Way to make someone feel good about themselves. Also where you said age isn't a factor,you couldn't be more wrong. You must be 18 to purchase a website, and until then you need your parents to do it for you, and if they don't, you don't get it. And I'm happy his parents didn't because you SHOULDN'T buy a domain until it's good enough for you to know it was worth it.

WOW, Personal attack on your first post?

The only reason I have a domain is because I had my friends parents use their paypal to purchase it. I have put quite a bit of effort into getting my site up and running.

I also never said he was not mature, I stated a fact.

Quote:And for your website Prowler,I kinda doubt it was worth it, being you only have 9 members(constructive criticism intended).

Whats constructive in that? That's a personal attack based on registered members, not maturity, not skill.

When I posted my site in the showcase I was given criticism on it, and I used that to help improve it.

A site is a hard thing to start, he posted his site here looking for criticism and that is exactly what was given. The way he takes this in, then uses the knowledge gained to help make his forum successful, tells alot about that person. But there is always a way to get a domain, dig deeper and look around and he can find it. Heck content and themes are FREE.
i've contacted my uncle he said he will pay for a domain but he said he would do it after i get 100+ members
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

See? Keep working at it man, there's always a way around obstacles like that Toungue
Prowler why dont u join the site and post there
(2009-06-19, 12:50 AM)-Prowler- Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-18, 11:38 PM)NoLuckyWins Wrote: [ -> ]Guys, come on and grow up. Really. Prowler, I didn't get why you're acting like that. If maturity is what it takes to run a website, apparently you shouldn't run one because you're not mature enough to realize a simple fact. Just because you have the money to have a paid domain, doesn't mean he does. And shoving that fact into his face is awful. Way to make someone feel good about themselves. Also where you said age isn't a factor,you couldn't be more wrong. You must be 18 to purchase a website, and until then you need your parents to do it for you, and if they don't, you don't get it. And I'm happy his parents didn't because you SHOULDN'T buy a domain until it's good enough for you to know it was worth it.

WOW, Personal attack on your first post?

The only reason I have a domain is because I had my friends parents use their paypal to purchase it. I have put quite a bit of effort into getting my site up and running.

I also never said he was not mature, I stated a fact.

Quote:And for your website Prowler,I kinda doubt it was worth it, being you only have 9 members(constructive criticism intended).

Whats constructive in that? That's a personal attack based on registered members, not maturity, not skill.

When I posted my site in the showcase I was given criticism on it, and I used that to help improve it.

A site is a hard thing to start, he posted his site here looking for criticism and that is exactly what was given. The way he takes this in, then uses the knowledge gained to help make his forum successful, tells alot about that person. But there is always a way to get a domain, dig deeper and look around and he can find it. Heck content and themes are FREE.

Never said the whole members thing was about maturity and or skill. I'm saying it wasn't worth the fact of paying money for a domain when you first think it up, because if it fails or something like that, you're still paying money over a contract. So it's not worth it, I say this because this happened to me and would suck if it happens to other people. Like you said, websites require work, but take a free approach at first like he did.

As for your first statement, you made it seem like you were calling him immature, I'm sorry for that. But my intended point was that, you said you had a domain and were pretty much bragging about it. I feel I made quite the good point. Just because you were able to get one doesn't mean he was able to, but maybe he wants one. And knowing that people around him, who are luckier than him are getting them can make you feel bad about your current situation. But when you said your 15 and you have a gaming site with a full domain, that's putting him down. Especially the "That's no excuse" part. The reason this offends me is because I'm currently in the same situation as him. And it pisses me off when people shove in my face that they have a domain and I don't.

BUT I see he was able to get one, and that's good. I'm sorry if I offended you with the members thing, it's just how I feel but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
thanks for all of those who registered, hope others will consider in join and making the site active
its a forum about video games i'm sure most people under age of 21 play them sometimes
(2009-06-19, 01:42 AM)NoLuckyWins Wrote: [ -> ]because if it fails or something like that, you're still paying money over a contract. So it's not worth it, I say this because this happened to me and would suck if it happens to other people.

Where did you get a domain? There only $8.99 USD/year at name.com

As well I was not trying to brag I was just making a point that him bringing age into the reason just wasn't a reason not to have one, lol he kind of proved my point with the contacting of the uncle. But at the same time good on you Big Grin
Sorry if it did come off as bragging, that is the opposite of the point I was trying to make.

I most likely will join the community, I'm a complete PC gamer tho Toungue
then come and share your game experences at my site
(2009-06-19, 02:09 AM)-Prowler- Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-19, 01:42 AM)NoLuckyWins Wrote: [ -> ]because if it fails or something like that, you're still paying money over a contract. So it's not worth it, I say this because this happened to me and would suck if it happens to other people.

Where did you get a domain? There only $8.99 USD/year at name.com

As well I was not trying to brag I was just making a point that him bringing age into the reason just wasn't a reason not to have one, lol he kind of proved my point with the contacting of the uncle. But at the same time good on you Big Grin
Sorry if it did come off as bragging, that is the opposite of the point I was trying to make.

I most likely will join the community, I'm a complete PC gamer tho Toungue

1and1 Angry
More like 1andScam but whatever. Yea it's all good now though. Best of luck to both of your forums(why I signed up for both Big Grin )
Just to let other staff know, the MyBB copyright is there but it is white and it is on a white background.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5