MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bing Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2009-06-08, 07:48 AM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]No comparison with google atall

The fact that they're both search engines mean nothing, then? Toungue

To be honest, just give it time, and it will eventually be challenging Google - you can't create something that immediately kicks out a product that has 70% market share. It takes sustained marketing, a good product (FYI: Bing is still in beta) and lots, and lots of money. Sad to say, Microsoft are capable of doing all of this.

IMO, it won't beat Google, but if their Image Search can be replicated to Web search, bugger me, it would be hard to choose.
When i seen this thread title I thought of an illegal drug. Reminds me of Ask.com, the layout the lot. Microsoft couldn't get Google or Yahoo so they made there own. Alright.
Microsoft is such a fail when it comes to the internet Toungue
(2009-06-08, 08:45 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Microsoft is such a fail when it comes to the internet Toungue

Maybe because they make Operating Systems? Toungue

I'm sure their engineers will make something pretty decent.
Yes but pretty decent doesn't cut it when you have free alternatives that are better as your competition lol.
(2009-06-08, 03:48 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-08, 03:37 AM)xiaozhu Wrote: [ -> ]The original name was Kumo, isn't it?

Anyway I like the part where it is the preview of the websites.

I thought it just replaced Windows Live search, and i hate that preview thing! What is the point of having a preview thing that you have to put your mouse over and takes a few seconds to load when you can just open the page in that time!

each to his preference i guess.

i wouldn't want to open many many tabs just to see something
For those who doubt it's ability, this makes an interesting read: http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/224369...rch-stakes

A week (ish) released and already beating Yahoo!...?...
Interesting. Remember however, they just launched and everyone is switching over for a few months to see if they can adapt to it. Eventually, the user base will take a plunge if and only if they don't capture this opportunity to improve. I just hope their team are wide awake and searching for comments and or complaints all over the web. If they see this post, I'd suggest to use Google to search for complaints, Bing takes to long to crawl. Toungue
Yeah, Cuil seemed to do quite well but then just got forgotten about so this may be the same.
Hmm, difference between Bing and Cuil is massive - Bing will be in-your-face, rather than Cuil being that little annoying git at the back of the room shouting, "Look at me! Look what I can do!"...

Microsoft have set a massive budget for this, remember. I wouldn't be surprised if we started to see TV adverts much like the iPhone. Let's just hope they aren't as stupid as Apple and their "tipulator" - "...calculate what your share of the bill is..."; yes Apple, it's called a calculator...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5