MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Admin/mod]my request to be a beta tester was ignored...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i think. well, i submitted it like 2 months ago, and still haven't heard anything... any help?
I don't think it's available any more.
The whole group was removed when MyBB 1.4 came out.
Has there been anything to beta test...?? :| 1.4.5 was tested internally with a few external testers, I'd imagine the next public beta would be for 1.6...
oh

ok
(2009-06-12, 07:20 PM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it's available any more.
The whole group was removed when MyBB 1.4 came out.

I thought it was replaced by the SQA team. If not what do they do?
Really? I doubt it.
Because I joined and then the whole group was removed.
Unless I'm very much mistaken the beta testers group for 1.4 was still there long after 1.4 was released, I'm sure I saw it in my group memberships page shortly before I joined the Support Team, maybe williamsoft man applied to join whilst it was still there, and it was since removed. I don't think beta testers are totally replaced by SQA, sure, they'll test a lot, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a public beta of 1.6 too. If there was a small non-staff beta for 1.4.5 there should be one for 1.6.
A beta will definately happen for MyBB 1.6
Usually we will contact people to become beta testers, it is not a position that you apply for generally.
I was invited to beta test MyBB version 5.0. Seriously! Chris B. flew his private MyBB Jet (thank you donators) to my home and gave me a beta testing computer to use on it, an AlienWare computer.

This version is so cool, I hope I am allowed to say this but 5.0 has free snow cones for anyone who joins. Thats right, when a member joins your forum, they get an automatic snow cone!

The only thing they don't have is FREAKING Paid Subscription features!!! Sad
Pages: 1 2 3