MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Plugin for mybb 1.4*] Disable right click for guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Download link

This mod will disable the right click at your forum for guests. When guests will right click at your forum they will get to see the following message:

Get original or go and steal somewhere else.

You can also add your own message that you want to display to your guests when they will right click at your forum. To do so, open up the disablerightclickforguests.php file and find the following code:
var message="Get original or go and steal somewhere else!"; 

And replace the Get original or go and steal somewhere else with your own message.

You can also enable and disable the mod at the acp of your forum-Board Settings-Disable right click for guests. By default it is set to yes.

How to install the mod:

Log in to your ftp program and copy the disablerightclickforguests.php file to /inc/plugins folder. And as last but not least,
activate the plug in from the Acp of your forum-Configuration-Plugins.
Thanks for another great plugin. This is something I'll definitely use on my board.

Cheers,
Gene
What about Ctrl+U?? I can still get any content I want then.
(2009-06-14, 08:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What about Ctrl+U?? I can still get any content I want then.

Oh snap.

In all honesty though, how many script kiddies who steal code know about that?
firefox > view > page source
(2009-06-14, 08:03 PM)Gene53 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for another great plugin. This is something I'll definitely use on my board.

Cheers,
Gene

Thanks for your feedback Gene53

(2009-06-14, 08:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]What about Ctrl+U?? I can still get any content I want then.

Unfortunately it disables it only for the right click atm Matt. There's no way to stop it all. There will be always a million ways around it. (like even temporarily disable javascript).

The idea was to at least stop the people that don't know much. I mean the one that copy/paste the contents from your forum to theirs.
I have made this type of plugin on showthread pages to restrict the downloading or copieng of images,
I named it Protect Pictures from Theft

any way good work babjusi as you have made it global to use this function all over the forum
---
Congratulations for the release
Maybe you could replace the contex menu instead of disabling it: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex...xtmenu.htm

There could be a link to login and/or register and/or rules and/or ...
the idea is for "dummy" user, not expert user like you're all here Smile
I appreciate what Babjusi did, and I will install in my forum.
Sure, I will add some moderat information like this:

"sorry guest.. please login to save something from here. but, still you can get all those here by disable javascript. Dont know what it is Javascripts? Try to Googling..." Smile
Thanks for this awesome plug in. I have a question though, I do not care if they see the page source of my forum, but will this stop them from stealing my articles and posts at my forum?
Pages: 1 2 3