MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ProfileComments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
i think in version 0.9.2 those settings will include
Quote:This version is not final, but you can download a development version here: #290

go to settings and enable "Allow BBCode in comments"
(2011-04-05, 04:47 PM)Mohammad-Za Wrote: [ -> ]Hi I have installed it.
but it does not have more than 5 settings and the editor is not bbcode!
How can I activate the bbcode editor on version 0.9.1?

Did you updated from a previous version or it's a fresh install?

If you updated, go to phpMyAdmin and:
  • Explore the table xxxx_settinggroups
  • Go to the last (or penultimate) page and search for the new settings (You can search for "profilecomments_show_editor" in the "name" column)
  • If they are there, check if the "gid" column is something other than 0.
    It should be the same number as the ProfileComments settings group ID.

(2011-04-02, 02:32 PM)envira Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-03-31, 04:26 PM)Aquilez Wrote: [ -> ]@envira: Why is AJAX notification... useful? Isn't email notification better?

I mean the alert that you show is on top bar with a yellow strip,can we use the alert by ajax.
i saw similar plugin for alert of private messages.
in similar way i want one for this plugin.that redirects to user profiles.

Yes, I know what are you referring to. But why is the ajax notification useful? You know, when I'm reading a forum, the page gets updated every 20 o 30 seconds.
Plus, it would generate a lot of unnecessary load in your hosting.

In any case, you could develop a separate plugin to do this. It would be overkill, but I probably won't be adding this feature on the plugin.
Comments do not give you an alert notification?
I'm afraid comments don't show up an alert in my forum, what can I do to fix this?
I've tried everything: updating, reinstalling, copying ProfileComments strings... Still nothing.
Nice work on the Update 0.9.2 downloaded and installed from mod site. Works perfect now.

Although one thing i think might be good to add is the ability for users to delete messages from there own profile rather than admins being able too. Just a thought.
@The Elite, @Zukdeen:
It's fixed in 0.9.2. Download it from the Mods site.

@Rapodo, I might add that in a new version.
there was an option in version 0.9.1
"Notify me by email when I receive a new comment on my profile"
in last version does not show

(2011-04-13, 07:45 PM)h0mayun Wrote: [ -> ]there was an option in version 0.9.1
"Notify me by email when I receive a new comment on my profile"
in last version does not show

That's weird, it's working for me in localhost but not in my hosting.
I will look into it :s
Meanwhile, go to:
- ACP -> Templates & Styles > Templates > (Your Theme) Templates > User Control Panel > Edit: usercp_options

Search for:
<tr>
<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="pmnotify" id="pmnotify" value="1" {$pmnotifycheck} /></td>
<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="pmnotify">{$lang->pm_notify}</label></span></td>
</tr>

Below, add this:
<!-- ProfileComments -->{$pf_notification_options}<!-- /ProfileComments -->
yes there was a empty space
tanx works great
but another problem that i found
i dont know if this plug-in's problem or translate problem
but when a new comment sent, in alert bar i see english alert "you have (x) new comment(s)" although i looked in translate file and everything looks fine

english language
Quote:$l['profile_comments_alertbar_text_content'] = "You have {1} new comment(s) in your profile!";

and persian language that i downloaded from mybbiran
Quote:$l['profile_comments_alertbar_text_content'] = "شما {1} یادداشت جدید در پروفایل خود دارید.";

it's looks like right but im still seeing the english words ( only in alert bar)
(2011-04-14, 12:17 AM)h0mayun Wrote: [ -> ]yes there was a empty space
tanx works great
but another problem that i found
i dont know if this plug-in's problem or translate problem
but when a new comment sent, in alert bar i see english alert "you have (x) new comment(s)" although i looked in translate file and everything looks fine

english language
Quote:$l['profile_comments_alertbar_text_content'] = "You have {1} new comment(s) in your profile!";

and persian language that i downloaded from mybbiran
Quote:$l['profile_comments_alertbar_text_content'] = "شما {1} یادداشت جدید در پروفایل خود دارید.";

it's looks like right but im still seeing the english words ( only in alert bar)

That shouldn't happen. Only that line is in english?

Go to:
ACP > Templates & Styles > Templates > Global Templates & edit profile_comments_alert.

Te content should be the same as this:
<div class="pm_alert" id="new_comment_notice">
	<div>
		<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=profile&amp;uid={$mybb->user['uid']}" title="{$lang->profile_comments}">{$comments_alert_text}</a>
	</div>
</div>
<br />
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45