MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ultimate MyBB Web Host - cPanel, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, Just $2.99/month!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(2009-10-07, 01:36 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]This host is theoretically geared specifically towards MyBB, versus running extra processes and such, so that you can run MyBB-related processes and only MyBB-related processes, thus speeding up the server, whereas a general host would just have everything going, theoretically slowing it down in comparison.

tl;dr? MyBB-specific hosts are more efficient with MyBB than non-specific hosts.

Exactly. Thank you, Scoutie.
(2009-10-07, 01:36 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-07, 12:58 AM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]which is like 99,9% of every host except that they got less knowledge about mybb than you.
In other case, bad arguement for choosing you.

You don't have anything positive to add to any discussions, do you?

This host is theoretically geared specifically towards MyBB, versus running extra processes and such, so that you can run MyBB-related processes and only MyBB-related processes, thus speeding up the server, whereas a general host would just have everything going, theoretically slowing it down in comparison.

tl;dr? MyBB-specific hosts are more efficient with MyBB than non-specific hosts.

I do but cmon, wake up, stop dreaming.
Every Host(atleast the serious ones) are able/have done the things he listed up. Except that they have as much knowledge for mybb as him.
If you need mybb help 24/7 you should pick em, if not you can pick someone.
(2009-10-07, 06:15 AM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]I do but cmon, wake up, stop dreaming.
Every Host(atleast the serious ones) are able/have done the things he listed up. Except that they have as much knowledge for mybb as him.
Any suggestions? We'd be glad to implement suggestions if we feel they are useful.
(2009-10-07, 06:15 AM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]I do but cmon, wake up, stop dreaming.

I'd not say that. I got some customers in the last weeks, that needed a forum. I recommended MyBB and tried to set it up for them - the hosts completely failed.
One didn't allow htaccess at all (no seo possible), the other host run out of memory while setting it up. Lateron we had problems with DB access (MySQL connections).
I recommended mybbwebhost for both of them now because their old (static) html pages will still work and the forums will be featured - I hope Zash will support my customers with any MyBB related problems so I can work on my own sites in the meantime.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
(2009-10-07, 11:00 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]I recommended mybbwebhost for both of them now because their old (static) html pages will still work and the forums will be featured - I hope Zash will support my customers with any MyBB related problems so I can work on my own sites in the meantime.
I will be glad to Smile

If you are interested, I can hook you up with an affiliate URL.
To be more unique you should be able to offer custom mybb plugins, Offering installations of plugins, MyBB optimization.

You should also write more about your company and what datacenter etc your using.

and whats the point with 2 faq's on your site? on at the menu and one in the client area.
(2009-10-07, 11:03 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-07, 11:00 AM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]I recommended mybbwebhost for both of them now because their old (static) html pages will still work and the forums will be featured - I hope Zash will support my customers with any MyBB related problems so I can work on my own sites in the meantime.
I will be glad to Smile

If you are interested, I can hook you up with an affiliate URL.
Thank you for the offer but I do prefer not to affiliate with sites - I have more freedom that way Wink

Keep coming
Lennart Sauter
(2009-10-07, 01:39 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]To be more unique you should be able to offer custom mybb plugins, Offering installations of plugins, MyBB optimization.
I am learning how to make plugins, and have already made one such as 'Donation Page'. I don't see a reason to keep it exclusive, though.

We already offer free MyBB installation and transfer to our host. If you need help installing a plugin, just open a support ticket and we will gladly install it for you.

I don't know what you mean about 'MyBB optimization'.

(2009-10-07, 01:39 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]You should also write more about your company and what datacenter etc your using.
The company is new, and thus there is not much to write about. Eventually, I can always add on. I see no reason as to specify the location of the datacenter.

(2009-10-07, 01:39 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]and whats the point with 2 faq's on your site? on at the menu and one in the client area.
The FAQ on the main site is a general FAQ, and the Documentation in the client area gets more specific about certain things.
I think he means to optimize the board. Like Gzip, database trimming, etc.
(2009-10-07, 07:44 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]I think he means to optimize the board. Like Gzip, database trimming, etc.

That's something done by the admin, and is outside of the control of the web host. Of course, we would be glad to assist you if you need help doing these things Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9