MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smoother Images
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2009-08-24, 03:00 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-24, 02:11 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]You have, what, then than 100 posts here? Why don't you take over all of development, support, and management. Then tell me we're lazy.

Way to be arrogant, there, buddy. I'm simply making a point - why hold something back when you can (and should) do it now? It just doesn't make sense.

Because you come up dry later?
Because it will make a huge impact on certain things, which will in turn make some people unhappy. Simple enough.
(2009-08-24, 03:00 AM)Steven Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-24, 02:11 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]You have, what, then than 100 posts here? Why don't you take over all of development, support, and management. Then tell me we're lazy.

Way to be arrogant, there, buddy. I'm simply making a point - why hold something back when you can (and should) do it now? It just doesn't make sense.

It takes much more template editing than you think. They don't want any 'major' edits for 1.6 so the theme makers don't have a hard time remaking themes.

Read the other posts made by Ryan and the staff team.
Did anyone heed my suggestion about using iepngfix.htc if you don't already? It'd solve all png problems with IE6 (which should be scrap code by now anyway, it SUCKS.).
I don't think that's ever been the issue here StingReay.
Look at all pages 1 through 4. This thread was originally about image files and smoother images. That said, iepngfix would fix ugly gif and png problems in ie6. Also, there is no r after the t in my name. It's StingReay not StringReay. xD
(2009-08-24, 03:57 AM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Look at all pages 1 through 4. This thread was originally about image files and smoother images. That said, iepngfix would fix ugly gif and png problems in ie6. Also, there is no r after the t in my name. It's StingReay not StringReay. xD

But, all the template changes of gif to png would still have to take place. As Ryan said it's the not fact that PNG is better but it's not going to happen in 1.6.
(2009-08-24, 03:57 AM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Look at all pages 1 through 4. This thread was originally about image files and smoother images. That said, iepngfix would fix ugly gif and png problems in ie6. Also, there is no r after the t in my name. It's StingReay not StringReay. xD

It was a simple error, don't get your blood pressure high.
I know, but it's an error that nobody seems to avoid making. xD No hard feelings.
Just a simple question, please don't be mad...

Since you knew in 1.2 that alot of themes were going to break, why not just add that then? (for 1.4?) Did it not come up yet, or you just didn't want to break everysingle one?

Sorry if this angers you.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6