MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Member status updates?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Something similar to Facebook where users can update their status and then it will be displayed for all to see (preferably as a sidebox on the main page). To see an example of what I mean, check IPB: http://forums.invisionpower.com/ (it's the third box down on the right side).

I think something like this would be great. It couldn't be that hard to make...
It's available with MyNetwork, but apparently everything in it has already been done and I'm doing nothing new (so it'll be around somewhere). Dodgy

In case you're wondering, you won't have to wait too long for MyNetwork to reach a public beta...
(2009-08-21, 11:02 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]It's available with MyNetwork, but apparently everything in it has already been done and I'm doing nothing new (so it'll be around somewhere). Dodgy

In case you're wondering, you won't have to wait too long for MyNetwork to reach a public beta...

you shouldn't have said that Toungue
That's great, Tomm M! Where do you plan on having the status updates displayed? In members' profiles only? I'd imagine it wouldn't be hard to also display them elsewhere as well... I'm just curious.

Will each feature of MyNetwork be able to be toggled on or off?

Anyway, good luck! I'm looking forward to it.
Sorry, missed this thread... Shy

User statuses are in profiles only, but it would be really easy to put them somewhere else if you need them. Where else would you want them to be?

Yes, each 'feature' can be turned toggled per usergroup (as in, the user can't use them) or per user (as in, the user can choose to have it disabled).
this is exactly wat i'm also requesting
when it will be ready Mynetwork?
(2009-08-25, 05:27 AM)glas Wrote: [ -> ]when it will be ready Mynetwork?

Should be September. Smile
(2009-08-24, 09:55 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]User statuses are in profiles only, but it would be really easy to put them somewhere else if you need them. Where else would you want them to be?

I would like the 5-10 most recent status updates to be displayed in the sidebar on the main forum index (as in the link I provided earlier).

That would be ideal, anyway.

Cool
(2009-08-25, 07:38 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-25, 05:27 AM)glas Wrote: [ -> ]when it will be ready Mynetwork?

Should be September. Smile

Oh dear... Why did you tell us?
Pages: 1 2 3