MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Internet Apocalypse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2009-08-26, 12:04 PM)malcomhfc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-08-26, 04:43 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Really the movie dogdeball lied to me >_>

Well theres only really one way to find out. With no internet = no google. So self testing only option.....

Yeah good luck with that....
If the internet went done many people would be out of jobs and most people wouldn't get paid because the internet is a great part of our lives today.
(2009-08-26, 04:43 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Really the movie dogdeball lied to me >_>

Movie = Entertainment; Documentary = Educational. Smile
(2009-08-27, 01:47 AM)Imad Jomaa Wrote: [ -> ]

Movie = Entertainment; Documentary = Educational. Smile

Not everything in movies are lies. Some facts are put in right. (At times)

And i only like a select few Documentaries.
(2009-08-25, 09:29 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I guess crawling into the nearest cave and etching out history onto the walls is out of the equation... Shy

The reality is that there'll never be an end. Even if hackers take out the main internet traffic computers, or aliens cut the deep-sea bandwidth cables, they'll be someway to get on MyBB. Toungue

Interesting genre for a film though... o.O

Actually it wouldn't be that hard to take down the entire internet...
http://root-servers.org
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Root_servers

There were 13 root servers that control the DNS worldwide, 'A' through to 'M' set up when the internet was created. If they go down, no domain names would work.

It has been attempted before, but it failed...And the US sent a reply to the hackers telling them that
Quote:"If the United States found itself under a major cyberattack aimed at undermining the nation’s critical information infrastructure, the Department of Defense is prepared, based on the authority of the president, to launch an actual bombing of an attack source or a cyber counterattack."

You can read the full story on this page:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNS_Backbone_DDoS_Attacks

As you can see, it is possible to actually DDoS the internet Confused
That's spooky.

I know a lot of people will be pissed off. YouTube Vlogger's, Myspace, Twitter, Forum Software's, Other Blogger's etc.

Also cell phones will be turned off. Because some are ran by network.
(2009-08-27, 06:12 PM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]That's spooky.

I know a lot of people will be pissed off. YouTube Vlogger's, Myspace, Twitter, Forum Software's, Other Blogger's etc.

Also cell phones will be turned off. Because some are ran by network.

And about everyone phone in offices, since many run VOIP.
Well, only one good thing comes out of this. Everyone will have a life ;D
(2009-08-28, 11:40 AM)malcomhfc Wrote: [ -> ]Well, only one good thing comes out of this. Everyone will have a life ;D

Or a lot of suicides Confused
KyJoe is right. we wound not live as the internet is used to process orders?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5