MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking to migrate from Outlook to web based e-mail.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Any suggestions? I don't mind using a free service or setting up my own mail server but here are my requirements:

Support for checking POP3 accounts (at least 12).
Folders.
Filters/Rules.
At least 2GB of disk space (my current PST is about 1GB and I plan on migrating it over so I do not lose my past e-mails).

I know some moron is going to suggest GMAIL without bothering to read my requirements so here is goes: DO NOT SUGGEST GMAIL!

So what would you suggest?
I'm not positive if it supports your first request. However I've recently come across and love it Big Grin.

http://gmx.com

edit: do you plan on using your own domain? If so then I'm not sure they will work either.
http://roundcube.net/ ??

Good easy webmail client (is integrated within cpanel as well).
cPanel has filters built in AFAIK.
Gmail. When it's working.

If you're looking for an alternative, I'd host it yourself. There's no way that a free service will give you anything close to what you really want. Find a good webmail client (Squirrel Mail?) that you can easily modify yourself and give it a whirl.

Edit: Or get web access Outlook... Toungue
Which of your criteria doesn't gmail/google apps meet? I am pretty sure gmail implemented a thing so you can check POP accounts.
I prefer Yahoo mail than gmail tbh :p

I think the theme's way too empty and white... Undecided
There's like 40 themes for GMail Toungue
GMail does not have folders, they use "labels" which suck when you have 12 e-mail accounts and over 30 different folders/rules.

I actually like RoundCube but it doesn't have an option for checking other POP3 e-mail and since cPanel does not use the latest version of the various webmails (Horde, SquirrelMail, and RoundCube) regular exploits are found each month requiring me to disable one until the next cPanel update. Sad

I'm looking at setting up a seperate VPS with just Sendmail, Dovecot, and SquirrelMail but I'm not sure if it's worth having a seperate mailserver just for me though. I do have a SocketMail license going unused that I might install though. Smile
Well you could use forwarders to make it all go to one email. Roundcube can be seperate from cPanel too so you could just update it from there....
Forwarders don't help though because then all replies will come from one e-mail. Sad I'm looking into Horde's Groupware script which should do everything I'm looking for.
Pages: 1 2 3