MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB:Blog (a blogging application for MyBB)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
i changed the chmod and everything. but i get 500 internal server error when i point to the install/index.php

can anyone help?
thanks
Is it nessesary to replace the subscribe.php file? Thats the plugin i installed my Mybbcetnral...
i keep getting this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in /home/pgtips/public_html/blog/inc/db.class.php on line 20

any one know where im going wrong?

Thanks.
(2010-01-29, 03:10 PM)PGTips Wrote: [ -> ]i keep getting this error message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in /home/pgtips/public_html/blog/inc/db.class.php on line 20

Thanks.

Your host probably doesn't support the mysqli_*() PHP functions, sorry.

The application still can run, but you need to change all the mysqli_*() functions to mysql_*() functions:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.mysql.php

And change the "mysqli_connect($server, $user, $pass, $dbname);" to:
mysql_connect($server, $user, $pass);
mysql_select_db($dbname);

It's been a few months since I looked into the code I used for that program.

And concerning the project:
It's on hiatus right now, since I'm working on another MyBB integrated app. But after I get that done, I'll start work on MyBB:Blog v1.1.0, it will be a complete re-design.
(2010-01-29, 03:42 PM)Xadrieth Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks.

The application still can run, but you need to change all the mysqli_*() functions to mysql_*() functions:

It's on hiatus right now, since I'm working on another MyBB integrated app. But after I get that done, I'll start work on MyBB:Blog v1.1.0, it will be a complete re-design.

I tried installing the mysqli driver on my server, but i think it failed.

how do i go about changing what you mentioned? My knowledge is still very basic.

Thanks
(2010-01-29, 05:11 PM)PGTips Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-29, 03:42 PM)Xadrieth Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks.

I tried installing the mysqli driver on my server, but i think it failed.

how do i go about changing what you mentioned? My knowledge is still very basic.

Thanks

You just need to go through every PHP file (except for the "dwoo" folder and the "ckeditor" folder. And where the text "mysqli_" is, just get rid of that "i". And if you come across "mysqli_connect", you need to do what I specified above.

By the was, what is your host's PHP version?
Could you create a file named "phpinfo.php", and put this code in it, then give me a link:
<?php
    phpinfo();
?>

I know that I should have created a database abstraction layer before creating this, but this was my first MyBB related application. Toungue
Is it just me, or is your site loading very slowly?
Just viewed/downloaded its fine speed wise.
It works, yes... but the direct download link brings up a 404. Managed to grab it by going to the directory.

Question: Does this support theming or is it limited to the default theme found on the demo?
Dude this plugins rocks and is really promising
but what about adding text boxes?

i really need them

i need to make it fit my old portal
www.beatdj.net/portal.php

dude what should i do if my forums are at INDEX?
i mean
forum .com/
blog .com/portal/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5