MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Keeping up with MyBB development
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quote by Chris Boulton:
Quote:I am the Shadow that lurks in the night... I am Darkwing Duck!
Oh really? Wink
So Long Peter. Live long and prosper!
I updated my blog today, with a new guess-the-feature in an attempt to steal traffic from surfionline.com Toungue

Kidding about the traffic part, but the guess-the-feature is there if you want to participate Big Grin
DennisTT Wrote:(As you can see, we all run WordPress, the best blogging system out there: http://www.wordpress.org)

ACK! Wordpress? Ack! I figured since MyBB was such an outstanding management system you'd get a blog that matched it. Serendipity my friends...Serendipity...their homepage doesn't look very nice so it turns many people off of it, but it is absolutely fantastic. Download it and play around with it or demo it on opensourcecms.com (homepage s9y.org). Luckily, it has an import script for wordpress Wink

BTW, the coding is cleaner in serendipity than it is in wordpress...garvin (lead developer for serendipity) and his team like to do things efficiently.
Wordpress is great, I love it. Actually there is a lot of similar functions to MyBB in Wordpress so. And It's so easy to mod as well, using it on my blog as well.
And it's probably the largest Blog soft out there.
Ahh yes, but if largest meant greatest then Elephents would be the best animal alive! (or blue whales I guess).

That's why I looked and looked. I like wordpress too...they have cool features such as the antispam plugin from askimet. But the developers from s9y have surpassed wordpress with customizations and continue to push the development envelope. The 1.0 version released yesterday (I'm moving 9 blogs across to it)

I like the direction they're heading too (see http://blog.s9y.org/archives/127-New-Ser...tures.html) from a coding standpoint, they've got it in the bag.
chris,
why you call to your blog "surfonline" ?

you like cs:s surf maps?Toungue

naa.. nices blogs ..
Yarikh1 Wrote:chris,
why you call to your blog "surfonline" ?

you like cs:s surf maps?Toungue

naa.. nices blogs ..

You didn't notice it's called Surfionline.
LOL! wow that must be hard to miss.
I wish I had checked sooner.

I've been missing quite some events from what I can see, I'm still in shock from seeing live beta boards and I'm amazed how perfect the progress appears to be going. I'll have to book these links for future ref...

~Kerrang!
Pages: 1 2 3