MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User option - Disable word filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Great job. You could just add a new setting for "Allowed Groups" and the accepted values would be the group id's separated by a comma (each gid).

Then just explode() the settings and check if the user belongs to any of those groups.

You can use my "check permissions" function if you want:
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-557...#pid396538

You don't need to explode the settings if you use my function since it will do it for you.
It checks if the _current_ user belongs to any of the groups set in the settings.
Returns true if yes else returns false.
The current version of the plugin supports group specific functionality in the ACP on the Groups page. There is a new Word Filter tab created.

I still need to update the plugin for 1.4.12 still
(2010-04-16, 08:12 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]The current version of the plugin supports group specific functionality in the ACP on the Groups page. There is a new Word Filter tab created.

patiently waiting. =)
(2010-04-16, 08:12 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]The current version of the plugin supports group specific functionality in the ACP on the Groups page. There is a new Word Filter tab created.

I know, it was just suggestion. Imo it's easier to edit a single setting than editing each group.
By the way, I can't see where your'e checking for group permissions on datahandler_user_update. You do not check if the user is allowed to update the field
(2010-04-16, 08:29 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]

I know, it was just suggestion. Imo it's easier to edit a single setting than editing each group.
By the way, I can't see where your'e checking for group permissions on datahandler_user_update. You do not check if the user is allowed to update the field

I can never remember the group IDs, so I prefer the tab option in groups.

as for checking the group permissions, its in the plugin in the 'wordfilter_option_override' function that is called from the 'parse_message_start' hook
(2010-04-16, 08:40 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-16, 08:29 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]

I can never remember the group IDs, so I prefer the tab option in groups.

as for checking the group permissions, its in the plugin in the 'wordfilter_option_override' function that is called from the 'parse_message_start' hook

Only a few do, but a simple mouse over the group link in the admin panel (groups page) displays the group id.
As for the group permissions, yeah I noticed it after I posted, sorry Toungue

Great plugin anyway Smile
i updated the plugin to fix the compatibility problem. i had put a . in the version, so i fixed that and it should work now.
(2010-04-16, 09:34 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]i updated the plugin to fix the compatibility problem. i had put a . in the version, so i fixed that and it should work now.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'can_bypass_limit' in 'mybb_usergroups'
Query:
ALTER TABLE mybb_usergroups ADD candisablefilter INT(1) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL AFTER can_bypass_limit

when I try to activate it.
looks like there was schema changes i missed. i will work in this weekend.
any updates?
Pages: 1 2 3 4