MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User option - Disable word filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
you only need to drop in the updated class_parser file, does not matter if before or after plugin activation.

the master setting is shown in the above image attachment from my site, so it should be there for you.

regardless of the user settings, you still need to set the group permissions otherwise the user setting is ignored. then if the master setting (in image above) is Yes, then filter options are used
(2010-04-21, 11:42 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]you only need to drop in the updated class_parser file, does not matter if before or after plugin activation.

the master setting is shown in the above image attachment from my site, so it should be there for you.

regardless of the user settings, you still need to set the group permissions otherwise the user setting is ignored. then if the master setting (in image above) is Yes, then filter options are used

I did that (installed new file)..set the admin group to be able to disable the filter, but I do not see the option to switch on/off in the user registration and profile..see attached.

[attachment=17993]
you must have another plugin that is conflicting with mine when it comes to installing the ACP setting. I don't have the signature image size fields showing as I do not have those two options you are showing.

deactivate and install my plugin, edit the plugin file and find 'disporder' and change 50 to something larger like 80. upload the edited file and install/activate it. see if you can find the option then
(2010-04-21, 11:51 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]you must have another plugin that is conflicting with mine when it comes to installing the ACP setting. I don't have the signature image size fields showing as I do not have those two options you are showing.

deactivate and install my plugin, edit the plugin file and find 'disporder' and change 50 to something larger like 80. upload the edited file and install/activate it. see if you can find the option then

deactivated and uninstalled the plugin....

I changed it from 50 to 80 in the /inc/plugin file.

reuploaded both the /plugin and /languages file and activated it..still do not see the option
changed it to 100 this time..still nothing.
can I go into the theme and manually add any code?
from the main settings page search for "filter" to see if it comes up. perhaps your setup has group 18 as a different category/name
(2010-04-22, 12:56 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]from the main settings page search for "filter" to see if it comes up. perhaps your setup has group 18 as a different category/name

ok..it did come up upon a search..any idea where this option would exist though?

correct me if I'm wrong..if I disable the filter and I use a word that's in the filter list in the title, it'll filter the curse word, yes?

if so..can this plugin block the thread titles from being filtered?
when you search, it will tell you what section its in when its found. the group id for for your user registration and profile options section is not the default one for some reason. not an issue, you can remove the plugin, edit the gid variable to whatever section you want it added to and then reinstall it.

the plugin does not impact the message subject or PM subject nor page titles if using the Google SEO plugin as it is based on subject line). the plugin only applies to the message and PM body.

i have not looked into unfiltering the subject, but i can check it later
(2010-04-22, 01:28 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]when you search, it will tell you what section its in when its found. the group id for for your user registration and profile options section is not the default one for some reason. not an issue, you can remove the plugin, edit the gid variable to whatever section you want it added to and then reinstall it.

the plugin does not impact the message subject or PM subject nor page titles if using the Google SEO plugin as it is based on subject line). the plugin only applies to the message and PM body.

i have not looked into unfiltering the subject, but i can check it later

thanks man..really appreciate it.

for me.....the gid for user registration and profile is 9, not 18..show thread options is 19. I changed it and it's in the user registration and profile now.
Dude, sweet!
Updated to meet MyBB 1.6.5 changes
Pages: 1 2 3 4