MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User option - Disable word filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
sorry, i got side tracked with my real job. maybe Tuesday evening as I am swamped right now
Updated for 1.4.13

Install worked on one of my setups, but not the other setup, but I think that there may be a template update problem during install. If you have an issue with the option not visible in the User CP, you will need to manually update the usercp_option template to add {$wordfilter_usercp}
(2010-04-19, 05:23 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]sorry, i got side tracked with my real job. maybe Tuesday evening as I am swamped right now
Updated for 1.4.13

Install worked on one of my setups, but not the other setup, but I think that there may be a template update problem during install. If you have an issue with the option not visible in the User CP, you will need to manually update the usercp_option template to add {$wordfilter_usercp}

cool..it's installed and activated now. I'm going to look into making it so that you need to enable the word filter to stop the curse words appearing instead of the other way around.
well as for reversing the functionality, the functions_post core file enables the filtering in the build_postbit function itself. If you want to reverse how the plugin works, you will need to edit the core file removing the assumption that MyBB will filter and setting $parser_options['filter_badwords'] = 0; in the several places it occurs.

You also need to flip the $options['filter_badwords'] = 1; variable where it occurs (can't recall the location right now). Then you can edit the plugin to make it enable the filtering when the USerCP option is checked.

A simpler option would be to set the default value for the 'disablefilter' field to '1' so that all users disable the filter on installation and thus the new install/activation will disable for all users.

Simply change

$db->query("ALTER TABLE ".TABLE_PREFIX."users ADD disablefilter INT(1) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL AFTER invisible");

to

$db->query("ALTER TABLE ".TABLE_PREFIX."users ADD disablefilter INT(1) DEFAULT 1 NOT NULL AFTER invisible");

in the plugin install function
I don't think this plugin is working correctly...the filtered words are being filtered...whether you disable the filter or not...this is before the mod you told me about or after, paveman. is there a different area where we need to add words to be filtered other than the standard word filter page in the configuration area of the admin cp? I don't see any plugin settings at all for this plugin..just the ability for groups to be able to disable the filter or not..please let me know..we're wanting to use this plugin ASAP.
once installed/activated, you need to allow users to disable (switch the plugin on) via Configuration > Settings > User Registration and Profile Options. Its at the bottom of that page.

Then you need to select the groups to which it applies.
(2010-04-21, 11:01 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]once installed/activated, you need to allow users to disable (switch the plugin on) via Configuration > Settings > User Registration and Profile Options. Its at the bottom of that page.

I do not see that option whatsoever.
A couple things.

1 - The class_parser.php file has an issue with $options variable. It should be $this->options in the parse_message function, which would allow plugins to modify the options. Right now, changes to the $options variable are not propagated back to the main code from the plugin.

I have attached my 1.4.13 inc\class_parser.php file with the changes inside.

2 - If you use the Google SEO plugin, the URL will not be censored if there is a 'badword' in the subject. The page title and message subject are censored, but the URL itself will not be.
(2010-04-21, 11:27 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]A couple things.

1 - The class_parser.php file has an issue with $options variable. It should be $this->options in the parse_message function, which would allow plugins to modify the options. Right now, changes to the $options variable are not propagated back to the main code from the plugin.

I have attached my 1.4.13 inc\class_parser.php file with the changes inside.

2 - If you use the Google SEO plugin, the URL will not be censored if there is a 'badword' in the subject. The page title and message subject are censored, but the URL itself will not be.

still is not working..do I need to deactivate/activate the plugin after installing that new class_parser.php file?

I also do not see that option you were speaking of in the user registration and profile settings.
(2010-04-21, 11:04 PM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-21, 11:01 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]once installed/activated, you need to allow users to disable (switch the plugin on) via Configuration > Settings > User Registration and Profile Options. Its at the bottom of that page.

I do not see that option whatsoever.
Pages: 1 2 3 4