MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
alright hey

as i have mentioned in my previous PM reply, replacing the images isn't an error in mybb, u have to make sure that u are overwritting the exisiting files.

I will state below the possible reasons for the files not to be replaced
  • U are using the Cpanel uploader and ur missing the check box Overwrite existing files: to be checked
  • You ftp uploader does not support overwritting
  • your ftp uploader is asking u if u want to overwriter the file or not, and u specify not to.
  • you are uploading files with different names than the exsisting
  • You are uploading files with different extensions
  • your uploader is automaticly renaming the double file into something like on (2).gif instead of replacing the files.

so my recommendation i just to try for ONCE another software than Filezilla,or make sure of the checkbox in ur cpanel uploader.

however uploading the files via ftp is more preferable

now regarding the theaders and subheaders, umm i have stated them in one of the above posts, but i thought u got it, as u haven't replied regarding it later. umm for that i'd like u to have a look at this tutorial, where u can understand more working with images and backgrounds using the css codes, for any part of ur website.

in the end, in case u still face troubles in replacing the files, i'd really then like to have a try.Smile

many regardsSmileWink bbye
Hi.

I have thought about the things that may have caused it to have gone wrong and i think its because of the cpannel. I am unable to find the 'replace' checkbox. If it isnt too much trouble could you take a screenshot rather that tell me? Might make it easier.

Thanks.
heloo there
ofcourse i will however take note that some cpanel are different than the others

however in my case it looks like that,

[Image: cpanel.JPG]

however u may read here

but i have never used it, i always use ftp

i'm not getting why ur sticking on the cpanel, lsn try for once the ftp, umm such as ws_ftp

many regards
Hi

I am currently using ftp to try and upload my images but was wondering what that overwrite tickbox was. I am actualy overwriting the images using my ftp (i think... ill check) but it is not overwriting it.

Thanks.
In filezilla , it will ask u each time
however if u had edited that setting, it might not ask u , and wheter overwritre or not , automaticly

Filezilla Wrote:File overwrite settings - This menu item opens a submenu. In this menu you can set the default behaviour for file transfers where the target file already exists. The default setting is Ask. When selected, FileZilla will ask every time how to proceed when a target already exists.

bbye
Here is the box that comes up when a file already exsits and im going to over write it.
Yes! omg i finaly got it working.
For the benafit of other people you help, ill tell you what was going wrong. As i created the images in fireworks it was saving it as 'whatever'.png instead of 'whatever.gif. And the ones that wernt pngs were GIF'S instead of gif's

Thank you so much for your help.

Thanks. Smile
heheh Toungue ow come on squirrel why u didn't tell meConfused !! i have already list it in the possible reasons list.Confused

anyway !! congratulations, and i'm really waitting to see ur board Smile
let me be the 1st to know Wink heheh

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5