MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ColourTechni - Simple & Elegant Design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Dude, if I has that domain, sheesh, I even have ideas and it's not my domain!!!

My two minute job made the site look 30x better.
[Image: 2e0vclt.png]
Hmmm My first draft had the domain colorful without the hover, I will see what I can do thanks.
It's not only the colors, it's the font you used.
The typo on the logo you made reminds me of the BeaTles first logo Toungue
(2009-10-29, 12:11 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]The typo on the logo you made reminds me of the BeaTles first logo Toungue

Toungue Lol! Ironically, I'm listening to "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"
Quote: I agree and disagree, I believe knowing CSS/HTML/XHTML and being able to use JavaScript/AJAX/jQuery/PHP should be enough to make a decent website.

I am sorry but this time in the world knowing things like AJAX, JavaScript, PHP doesn't make you a pro web designer. I personally more of a Web Programmer rather then designer because I have to deal with Server to Client based application most of the time. And trust me PHP is not the only thing you need to be a designer, lets not forget that some Clients will want other things coded and thats where you hit a brick wall.

Knowing things like ASP .Net, JSP, WAP and JSP will never hurt. As a matter of fact I am working on a site right now for a lawyer this person got a Window Based hosting package which also includes Cold Fusion. So he asked me to code his entire site using Cold Fusion. Other request that you will have to deal is with mobile portals, mobile computers and devices like iPod, PSP and so on need WAP Portals to be created.

So you can not say jQuery, AJAX, JavaScript (This things are all the same not really any difference few goodies there and few here but its the same.) and PHP make you a pro.
(2009-10-29, 01:00 AM)Deadriot Wrote: [ -> ]So you can not say jQuery, AJAX, JavaScript (This things are all the same not really any difference few goodies there and few here but its the same.) and PHP make you a pro.

That's absolutly true. Though, I don't think he's refering himself as a pro, since he's just starting on web design (and haven't even get to development yet for what I can see).
Sure I might have made my post sound a bit negative, but I don't like when people try to say that jQuery, JS, Ajax and PHP can rule the web world, there are always twist and turns that require more knowledge. Even right now I am learning Python and Ruby along side Ruby on Rails since I heard alot about ROR and its positive effect on the web.
First off all I have never said or stated that I was a pro web designer. I just opened this website to show my work and so that people can contact me if they are intrested. Also to tell you the truth you can easily design a website with just CSS/HTML/JS/PHP knownledge. You are more talking about development and programming websites, I do not do that I simple design.
(2009-10-28, 11:40 PM)Deadriot Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to offer web design services you need to know more then just css/html/xhtml as of now I work with Cold Fusion, JSP, MySQL, XHTML, jQuery, XML, XSLT, Mobile Portals (WAP) I am going to start slowly expanding the list of services that I offer as well I might offer Web Hosting.

So, scripting languages has what to do with web design? What you're talking about is scripting, not design. People don't need to know all of the above to do [good] website designs.

Also, if you can accomplish something in PHP easier than ASP, why bother with ASP, JSP, etc.?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5