MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ColourTechni - Simple & Elegant Design
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Actually you can design with basic html/css and image editing skills. That can easily make a nice site.
I agree with Rika, yet I know nothing on Java, php, nor any of that stuff.

And Ruby on Rails is good for developing websites, might be a bit hard and somewhat non-secure if you don't know what you're doing, but I know you know what you do, Rika. Toungue

Anyways. Confused I remember I never released my designs to the public, I never felt they were good enough, seems to me that lately people are just jumping on designing because they think it's easy money.
Lets not forget web designers make themes and this themes hold scrips like PHP and Cold Fusion as well as others. And lets not forget that this things are dynamic so the theme will have to be design in a way to be able to hold this things properly as well as show them.

I have nothing with Zomaian. As I said I made my self bit unclear. If you want to design its your choice not mine. I am a web programmer rather then designer even so I do designs there usually for applications.

Please forgive me if I sounded some what negative I did not mean it.
You typically don't need to know PHP inside out and backwards to be able to insert and modify a few variables, though.
But what if the thing can not use PHP? What if the client wants Cold Fusion or ASP .Net? And no you need to know a good amount of things about PHP not fully but to a good level.
Then you say, go to bla bla, he does it well. And theming usually doesn't require anything as hard as CF, and if someone wants an aspx. page, they are out of their mind, in the first place. Really most effect can be done with JS simple php or Jquery.
(2009-10-29, 01:31 AM)Deadriot Wrote: [ -> ]Lets not forget web designers make themes and this themes hold scrips like PHP and Cold Fusion as well as others. And lets not forget that this things are dynamic so the theme will have to be design in a way to be able to hold this things properly as well as show them.

I have nothing with Zomaian. As I said I made my self bit unclear. If you want to design its your choice not mine. I am a web programmer rather then designer even so I do designs there usually for applications.

Please forgive me if I sounded some what negative I did not mean it.
Oh no it's not fine I am not offended I was just saying that all I am was more talking about designing and not programing and development Wink.

Also those scripts are developed by programmers not designers I think your mixing them a bit through each other.
lol... T0m a bit skeptical aye? You wont believe how many times I had to work with ASP .Net no idea truth why businesses use ASP .Net but they just do. Good thing that I have a friend of mine who works with me so I push most in to all ASP .Net work on him ^^ I am more of Cold Fusion coder. But we get allot of request for applications most of them designed to deal with customer information so we have to take 3 factors in mine.

1 - It has to be use friendly with simple UI, so that any one can use it.
2 - The application requires to connect to Data server and Oracle/MySQL database(s).
3 - The settings for the app must be simple to understand yet powerful.

So we need to follow this few things, most important fact is the security aspect which ASP .Net lacks off.
Yea but we are talking about DESIGN not any coding, developing, programming, etc. We are just talking about the looks Wink.
I am sorry I will just leave this thread alone, I am not making my self clear as it seems. *Walks away to never come back.*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5