MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free AV preference.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well hey all. I was using Avira, it is, well was my preference for personal av for my dual boot.

But now it doesn't update, and it makes me angry. So anyone have a preference? I'd rather not waste the money for Kaspersky on a dual boot.
None. :p I don't use AV programs as i don't go out of a large but trusted network of sites and they wind me up :p but if i do need one, Avast! ftw Big Grin
Poll added
Voted, lol at MSE :p
I speak only the truth.
For free Avast winds hands down in my mind.

If your going to buy one again ditch Kaspersky and buy NOD32 from eset.
I used to like Nod, but it just crashes this machine everytime i try it. Its weird. I think its my lack of ram. (Which funny enough, Kaspersky works fine Toungue)
Yes I agree with you T0M you can have a problem with Avira connecting to the upgrade server so download a new version of the installer and re-install and try upgrading the software then.
That doesn't make sense NOD uses like no ram Toungue.
(2009-10-29, 01:15 AM)Deadriot Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I agree with you T0M you can have a problem with Avira connecting to the upgrade server so download a new version of the installer and re-install and try upgrading the software then.
Its the 3rd time. its to much of a hassle.
(2009-10-29, 01:15 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't make sense NOD uses like no ram Toungue.
I know, but i also go for the top version. For Kaspersky, i saved for like a year, and bought a 5 corp. license. Gave the other to the family. They expired, dad went back to norton, sis goes with nothing Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3