MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Question] Mybb Editor in 1.6!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
The way I see it, the quick reply is meant to be just that, quick. It takes less than a second to type [ b ] and [ / b ]... even when I do use the full editor I hardly ever use any of the controls.

@Pars, do you know how much it would increase the size of the download package?? I read somewhere it could potentially double in size by including this one feature alone. It should stay a plugin.
Most of Community Builder Systems have Advanced Editor and Users Send their Posts very easily.
I like MyBB System But only Lack of Advanced Editor is Bothering Me.
Your more than free to change it on your forum. Nothing is stopping you a few editors have replaced the core one in the past. However most of us don't see the need for it.

*Side note why is it usually countries near the middle east that bring this up?
I like how no one has mentioned what features the MyBB editor lacks. What is so difficult about adding a poll with the editor?. The only reason why a WYSIWYG editor should really be used is when HTML is on.
I found people on my board often very confused with mycodes, the opening and closing mechanism.
I think for these users WYSIWYG would be a lot better - reason I use it in my CMS.

At least optional I'd like to see a WYSIWYG editor in core.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
It makes no sense to double the download package just because some people can't understand the simplicity of wrapping words with tags. Seriously, that's just stupidity.
If they don't like using MyCodes, we can look at implementing the ability to easily add buttons to the editor. A full blown WYSIWYG however is really not worth the time making it, testing it, debugging it, fixing bugs for it, making it compatible in all browsers, and doubling the download size etc etc for the few people who would use it to put some extra formatting in a few of their posts. People go on about vB being bloat-ware, this is a prime example of something that would turn MyBB into bloat-ware. The developers' time would be much better spent writing something that is actually worth their time and effort.
VB editor does not need turned on the html.
Html is off --> useful for security.
It is not important that advanced editor is Default OR plugin.
It is important that Advanced editor is not required to turn on html (like VB)
If you can not set the default it, please make a plugin for Advanced editor like vb.
many users need to it, but dose not express.
In My Opinion, create a Poll and then see the results.

Thanks.
Of course people are going to vote for it in a poll, because vB has it. I can't be the only one who's noticed that in pretty much every thread on this, as well as lots of other threads on other requested features, someone says 'I want X feature like vB'. MyBB is not vB, a free version of vB, or a copy of vB, it is MyBB. People want vB features in MyBB because they can't afford/don't want to pay for vB but we can't put stuff in because vB has it, we put it in if it is worthwhile, which this is not. Someone will make it as a decent plugin one day and hopefully it will bring an end to these threads. There's no point in weekly threads on this, we know people's opinions on it.
for MyBB Does not need such as vb, (If is better)
Can not be like AFE? > (WYSIWYG Editors is Default)
http://www.anelectron.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12