MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Question] Mybb Editor in 1.6!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
(2009-11-09, 03:10 PM)Murloc Wrote: [ -> ]Just add it as option. Simple as that, and everyone's happy.

An option to double the download size?
(2009-11-09, 03:10 PM)Murloc Wrote: [ -> ]Just add it as option. Simple as that, and everyone's happy.

Again, you always have the option of adding it yourself.
But if it's an option it's still being included in the package, so then it makes no difference as to whether it's an option or not; if it was included there'd be an option to turn it off anyway.
To be honest, i think it would make it better in a way for what you use your forum for. So depending on that you could choose what you need.
Tiny MCE is a pretty easy-to-integrate and lightweight WYSIWYG javascript editor that supports BB-Code output.

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/using.php

Have a nice day! Big Grin
600kb compressed? MyBB is only 1400kb you know...
so 2000kb compressed? Plus the code to intregrate... option to turn off and on (Admin + user0) ... I'm guessing 2200kb?
(2009-11-12, 08:13 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]so 2000kb compressed? Plus the code to intregrate... option to turn off and on (Admin + user0) ... I'm guessing 2200kb?

200kb just to integrate it with MyBB? When the whole package is only 1,4 MB.

I think a WYSIWYG editor would benefit MyBB. Not everyone know BBcodes, although everyone has used word or some sort of it.
And about the size. Tiny MCE is bloated as far as goes to having it in MyBB. MyBB only need a simple one with simple features. Shouldn't be that bad in size. Anyways I don't think 200KB - 1 MB will turn people of. SMF is 1,7MB in size.
Anyways, what's the big deal with 2MB ? I've got a 263kbps 'broad'-band and I can still manage to download and upload it from and to any server =/
I wouldn't mind if it was 5MB+
It's not worth it though. If I saw tons of posts with images and very well organized text formatting then I would say go for it. But, most posts are plain text and well bbcode is more than enough for the times you need more.

Edit: Also what about the people who don't have broadband? Yes, they are still out there.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12