MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Question] Mybb Editor in 1.6!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@myBB Developers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_...ware_(PHP)

You're only missing one green field to match commercial software such as IPB...

You don't even have to bother writing it, there are plenty of small WYSIWYG editor projects out there (for BB code also) all licensed under GPL and similar licenses.
Yeah, but it's just not necessary! MyBB isn't trying to match commerical software, and frankly, if you want vBulletin or IPB, there's plenty of sites to get it from :p
IPB has a WYSIWYG editor? I haven't come across it. Also if you notice most them with it aren't even commonly used Toungue. SMF 2 has been stuck in development for way to long now.

vB is just getting bigger and bigger.

If you want a WYSIWYG just modify mybb it is open source. I hope it never becomes part of the official core.
If no mybb 1.6 advanced editor.
Please make the advanced editor plugin that not need to be turn on html. (A Advanced editor and without bugs & html.) > Everyone needs to use it.
Is someone to build it?
(2009-10-31, 11:07 AM)Pars Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone needs to use it.
No, we don't :p
(2009-10-31, 11:07 AM)Pars Wrote: [ -> ]Is someone to build it?
Not for free, why? No one want's it apart from a few people who are unwilling to pay for it or give something back :/
(2009-10-31, 01:02 AM)Dark Rose Wrote: [ -> ]http://community.mybboard.net/thread-35860-page-1.html

Thats the closest your gonna get for now.

It doesn't work Guy!
It just says: The message is missing . Please enter a message.

Also I know that Mybb is not VB ! But Mybb needs a good Editor Like VB!
(2009-11-03, 08:47 AM)kevin-1372 Wrote: [ -> ]Mybb needs a good Editor Like VB!

Those famous last words again Undecided Why does MyBB need a 'good editor' like vB?? Simply because vB has one?? Can you link me to threads on your forum where you would really have benefited from a WYSIWYG editor??
I'm not sure what the "official stance" would be on this, but I doubt MyBB will be getting a WYSIWYG editor. Even with something like TinyMCE, we'll be adding 500kb to the download package. Then we'd need to integrate it, keep it supported and ensure it's up to date with each release. Not to mention the horrible formatting you can get, and then there's IE6, 7, 8 and 9. *shudders...

MyBB is a forum system, not a CMS - WYSIWYG editors just simply aren't good enough at the moment for forums. Put simply, our time is better spent on something else - such as SEO - than a replacement editor.
Mybb is A perfect Forum system! And all of the parts are perfect!
I think just editor is not good. And I think MyBB is better than VB if the editor be good.
And I think that 500KB is not too much For downloading. Download speed in the world is at least 8KB/s
It's not about the speed, it's the fact that it's a big increase in the amount of code that has to be managed for an unnecessary feature that not many people will use.

As I asked above, can you post some links to threads on your forum where a WYSIWYG editor would have been required??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12