MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What''s up with this vb mania sh******t!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Ok, FMB can you make me an image like your avitar but have it say Py
PM to me if you choose to.
Wow... I still use vB, have 6 licenses and counting Smile
wholy crap! I have 1. I don't use it though.
(2009-11-07, 10:18 PM)JKD Wrote: [ -> ]I diddn't tell you to stop spamming. I said stop flaming me. I am not a mybb expert. I don't even use it.

(2009-11-07, 03:24 AM)JKD Wrote: [ -> ]Ok. this is pointless. If you want to debate with me PM me. stop making spam on the boards with this.

/facepalm.

On another note, what mybb mods have you even written? And by that I do mean, yes, not stolen.
This is going to get ugly.
(2009-11-08, 03:52 AM)Sodacake Wrote: [ -> ]This is going to get ugly.

Hi, welcome to the unfortunately becoming typical thread here on MyBB.
It's changed quite a lot since I was last here..... Yes, I prefer vB, and many former vB-ers migrated to MyBB becuase they saw it as the most competent/similar software to vBulletin.
inb4close?
(2009-11-07, 03:35 AM)JKD Wrote: [ -> ]isn't mybb based on phpbb?

Did you seriously just ask that?

(2009-11-07, 02:07 PM)JKD Wrote: [ -> ]Oh. I just made a wild guess.

Yeah, like that makes it like ten wild guesses in this topic alone

Quote:Ok. this is pointless. If you want to debate with me PM me. stop making spam on the boards with this.

And then:

(2009-11-07, 10:18 PM)JKD Wrote: [ -> ]I diddn't tell you to stop spamming. I said stop flaming me.

Seems like you suffer from severely fatal amnesia. Let me bring you to the memory clinic, it's just down this way...

Anyway, to bring this failed thread back on course:

I'm only on one or two vB forums at the moment and I'm hardly ever active. I have however noticed a fair few IP Board default features that I'd like to get for MyBB such as the ability to jump to a specific page on a thread.

Anyway, the thing is that MyBB is free. IPB and vB pay their devs and have them full time. They can afford to get extra, often largely unnecessary, features for their forums. Right now IPB3 seems to be heading down the Web 2.0 route and vB 4.x is going the same way. Some of the stuff that is in IPB3 is quite unnecessary and maybe even fatal to small growing forums. They draw the users away from the main content. However on large forums, they can be beneficial. Galleries, personal blogs, comment bars etc are great for keeping members online - if the rest of the forum is active that is.

I'd be happy if those were just available as plugins. Some will want them, others will not. If we want it we'll install it.
(2009-11-08, 07:27 PM)DarkRaven Wrote: [ -> ]I'm only on one or two vB forums at the moment and I'm hardly ever active.

As am I, however active. I tend to stick around Mybb forums more than I do others.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12