MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A vb refugee thinking about coming over to mybb.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Hello all mybb community. After the vb 4 fiasco, I decided it was time I cut my losses and started looking for another forum platform for my websites. After some research and test drive forums my choises came down to 2 platforms, mybb and smf.

On a bare bone installation mybb is the best. I like the way it looks and all the things it has to offer. Smf was too plain and from what I read there that smf 2 version it takes years to be ready and that looks very unstable to me.

So I deceided to choose mybb as my forum platform. Thank you for this amazing forum.

Tarovski
Welcome Smile Glad to hear you picked us.
Perhaps the worst thing to ever happen to vBulletin will turn in to the best thing to ever happen MyBB?
(2009-11-05, 06:30 PM)Sodacake Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps the worst thing to ever happen to vBulletin will turn in to the best thing to ever happen MyBB?

\o.o/ Exactly!
RIP vBulletin.
Why does everyone think vB has lead it self to the path of doom? CMS and forum integration has been a problem for years now and they are eliminating the problem for their script.
A lot of people have a problem with the price hike, among other things.
Many users feel robbed since they just paid for the Blog license or what ever, since buying this new plan would mean they would have to buy the license full price with no discount.

Also people whose license ended soon are complaining that they have to pay twice now and leased licenses are a thing of the past.

Either way, I have two vB licenses, I'm alright with them, but if such discord happened to vB then it's better for MyBB.
You made the right move, I own 3 vB licenses and none of them will ever be renewed, I will simply keep running current versions for years into the future.

One thing vB is having problems with is clarity on security updates and bug fixes, they are not commenting on how this will be handled for currently running versions, I would imagine they will once the lawsuits hit them, which at this point is certain.

I will not start any new forums on vB when I can run MyBB, phpBB and many other great scripts, I think all of us need a wake up call and we need to support open source software.
Thank you foor your welcome Smile it is not only that price increase fullmetalbabe, but also their attitude that stinks. I have been a loyal customer for almost 3 years and a half and when I posted at their forums asking for an explanation about the recent license changes they just banned me. And not only me but almost half of their customers who were unhappy with the changes. Can you believe it? That is not the way to treat the paying customers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6